Year 2 of my teaching career is finished. I can't believe how quickly time has passed by. Wasn't it just yesterday where I got into University and aspired to be a teacher? So young...so full of dreams. And now....???? :)
On the last day of school, a group of grade 1s were bringing in their visual journals to my classroom (*Note a visual journal is a collection of art projects that collect their work from grade 1 all the way up to grade 9. The book gets passed on to the next year every year. It's a great keepsake to see how a kid has developed in their art and their reflective writing*).
One of my students asked, "Are these kids giving you their journals because they're your students next year?"
"Could be," I said. "Could be."
Now after I said this, I looked at the grade 1s to see how they would react. Most were fine except one girl. Her eyes widened like she just had a horrific revelation. Oh little girl. If you only knew. If you only knew what was in store for you by having me as your teacher.
But until then....two months off! Yah! I plan on doing some exercise, reading and yes, even catching up on some valuable PS3 time!!!!
Oh and I will be catching up on tunes...like this one:
Boys (Lesson One) by Jars of Clay
Lesson one - do not hide
Lesson two - there are right ways to fight
And if you have questions
We can talk through the night
So you know who you are
And you know what you want
I've been where you're going
And it's not that far
it's too far to walk
But you don't have to run
you'll get there in time
Lesson three - you're not alone
Not since I saw you start breathing on your own
You can leave, you can run, this
will still be your home
So you know who you are
And you know what you want
I've been where you're going
And it's not that far
it's too far to walk
But you don't have to run
you'll get there in time
Get there in time
In time, to wonder where the days have gone
In time, to be old enough to
wish that you were young
When good things are unraveling,
bad things come undone
You weather love and lose your innocence
There will be liars and
thieves who take from you
Not to undermine the consequence
But you are not what you do
And when you need it most
I have a hundred reasons why I love you
If you weather love and lose your innocence
Just remember - lesson one
No comments:
Post a Comment