My Friend Josh Shipp is one of the greatest communicators I've heard. He's only in his twenties but speaks around the country at high schools and is often a guest on MTV. Kids love him because he is funny and direct. Josh grew up in more than twenty foster homes, never knowing his real parents. And yet he is incredibly successful. I asked Josh why he's so healthy, so emotionally stable considering his childhood.
"Don, when something hard happens to you, you have two choices in how to deal with it. You can either get bitter, or better. I chose to get better. It's made all the difference."
--excerpt from "A Million Miles in a Thousand Years" by Donald Miller
If I could write my facebook status or tweet here on my blog, I'd simply say, "I'm DIGGIN' this book!!" :D Wow, and I thought I forgot how to read! :D
3 comments:
what book are you reading? sounds interesting
Fearless by Max Lucado has been very helpful, King. Thanks for the book!
I posted the title and author for ya David at the end of the blog entry
Glad it's been helpful. Praying for you to return to CPC haha
Post a Comment