Friday, December 31, 2010

Your Love Never Fails

So much in life is fluid; things are constantly changing. The things I want to do, the music I listen to, what I'm passionate about, what has my attention, and friendships too. I always ask myself if I can control what I give my heart too and who I give my focus to but as I get older and busier, I am starting to see how little control I really do have of everything. There seems to be seasons where I walk through in life and I'm not sure how I will make it or who's going to walk beside me. At times, I'm in a desert or in a valley and then I see someone who I didn't expect who helps me carry the burdens and sees me through the end. I know I shouldn't rely on ppl, but some ppl are a God-send for sure. As situations and challenges arise unexpectantly, it's nice to know God has my back one way or another. And that's how it is with this coming year as I serve God in new ways. I have no idea how it's going to work. I can't rely on my experiences alone or the past successes because this is all new to me. I am forced to step out in faith and walk in obedience--I have to depend on God constantly to get me through it all. And truly God's love sees us through. I've bought a handful of new CDs but one CD I CAN'T stop listening to has this song on it that constantly reminds me of God's goodness:




Verse 1:
Nothing can separate
Even if I ran away
Your love never fails

I know I still make mistakes, but
You have new mercy for me everyday
Your love never fails

Chorus:
You stay the same through the ages
Your love never changes
There may be pain in the night
But joy comes in the morning
And when the oceans rage
I don’t have to be afraid
Because I know that you love me
And your love never fails

Verse 2:
The wind is strong and the water’s deep, but
I’m not alone here in these open seas
Cause your love never fails

The chasm was far too wide
I never thought I’d reach the other side
But your love never fails

Bridge: You make all things, work together for my good

No comments: