Monday, October 10, 2005

Lots to be Thankful For...

There are a lot of things that can be taken for granted in life...to counter that, it's good to reflect on God's goodness in our lives and what He's blessed us with....

I'm thankful for.....

Family and Friends: you know who you are....I don't need to point you all out individually....if you've been there for me through a tough time or if we've shared memories together, I'm thankful for you!!

Salvation: Yeah, I know I don't measure up in so many ways...but I am glad I don't have to do anything to earn a spot in heaven. I have peace knowing that it's all by faith in the miracle of Jesus' sacrifice, that I know I'm fireproof!

Ministries: I'm glad I can be a part of the lives of our youth at CPC...I'm praying that I'll be everything you guys need me to be and I'll do my best not to let any of you down.

Education: I'm glad that I'm in the Education Faculty and I KNOW it was a Divine Thing fo that to happen! As if I could get in with the grades I was pulling off all on my own!

Health: Thank you God for allowing me to be healthy and normal up to this point; it's a real blessing! I'm blessed for being able to walk, see, smell, taste, etc. and be disease free!

Those are just some of the things we take for granted....It's been an amazing Thanksgiving for me--probably the BEST EVER!! 3 Turkey Dinners, seeing out of town friends and family, seeing 8 sisters get baptized, time to relax and get away from the business of life, etc...... it's been amazing folks! What a weekend! :)

3 comments:

b-jo said...

I'm so proud of you. =) God is great isn't He. Hmm...missionary??? I dunno...maybe since it's hard being a missionary in your own home. But then again wouldn't i be a chicken if i run away from it???
Yes...thank God for family and friends...yes even Mr. WONG

Jonny said...

No, please, point us out individually. I want to see you display your favoritism among us, so that we may fight and plot against each other with envy in spite, in hopes to gain your favor.

Havok said...

Well with the comments you always make about me on your blog (ie. me being invited to Alicia's for Thanksgiving to name one), it should please you to know that you're a few points behind everyone else! :P