I actaully went to Worship at the U today which was cool 'cause I wanted to touch base with Kelly and Art haha. Lots of new faces which I don't recognize which is cool becuase it means that the Christian snobs who occupied the Council Chambers last year are gone! :P It's true though, I didn't see any of them today and the atmosphere was TOTALLY different. It's funny how you can really sense these things......I'm glad I went today and I'm glad that the snobs are gone so far! Lol...J/K.... :)
I can tell you that I'm still pretty negative about writing all these papers and journal entries in my faculty and I'm sorry, but I'm going to keep complaining about that as long as it still bothers me. :P What I do like are my profs (for the most part), especially my Pro Sem prof Dr. Donlevy. He said something to me that was pretty interesting........here's a sample of a conversation we had today....
"What grades do you want to teach Kingston?" Dr. Donlevy asked.
"Grades 3 and 4 probably...but I'm a generalist; I won't mind teaching any grade," I replied.
"Yeah I can see that. I'd send my kids to you. I'd trust you. You'd be a good teacher" He looked at my group partner and then said "Don't you think he has a quality to him?"
And then I asked, "What quality? What do you mean?"
"You'd be a good teacher...you have a gentleness to you...it's a GREAT trait! It's a quiet gentleness and we need more of that!"
Haha, ME?!?!? Gentle!?!? WAHAHAHHA, he should see how I treat the YAC kids! :P Well, I don't disagree with him. I've realized that in group situations, I am quite introverted at most times (though not all). Unless I know the group very well, you usually won't see me talk a lot. Which is why I never speak in class or take the lead to speak on behalf of my group when doing group presentations. :P Maybe I am quiet; maybe I am gentle.....haha....it's funny though because I love my Pro Sem prof; he's awesome!!! I think I appreciate him the most of all my profs!
I realized on Saturday while talking to Louise that I complain so much about the process of becoming a teacher but when I really think about it, my profs are pretty good for the most part. I really can't complain about them! *sigh*...how easy it is to complain about the bad rather than acknoweleging the good!! :)
5 comments:
I would actually rather write papers than write exams, instead of doing both. Just think about it, you're almost there. I've seen the gentle side of you. I know it exists.
Exists... somewhere deep down.
Actually... with the kids, you are generally really gentle (especially when compared to me, haha) You have the patience to work with the kids and you enjoy their company, you'll be fine... as long as you can hold out through your next few years.
Yes indeed. It is funny how YOU can sense these things. (emphasis on the "you"). Or perhaps... YOU ARE THE SNOB!!
haha, just kidding, snob. Well, I'm glad you like the seminars :) Perhaps all your profs should say nice things about you! Then you can appreciate them all!
Haha...no it's not just me who said that...there are others who agreed with me about the snobs. :) I went to worship at the U every week for 2 and a half years. haha...and i started to not go anymore partially becuase of the unwelcoming atmosphere...it definitely changed over time. :(
and i do like all my profs...my last paragraph said that haha...they didn't have to say nice things about me to get on my good side...though actually, they all have said good things! :) must be good to gentle...a GENTLE LOVER!! ZING!!! HAHA!!!!
Livy is meannn =( haha it hurt my feelings alot WAHHH okay okay i'm off now bye IM HYPER lol
Post a Comment