Saturday, October 22, 2005
Question
K, I got a question. Has anyone read the ENTIRE series of The Chronicles of Narnia? And I mean TRULY finished every one of the seven books!! The reason I ask this is because I am contemplating buying this series as Scholastics is selling the set for only $29.99 (good deal)!!! However, I remember reading them when I was young and I couldn't bring myself to finishing any of the books except two: 1. The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe and 2. The Last Battle. The rest of the books I remember starting in reading them, but never finished them due to boredom!! Well, I was in grade 6 at that time and maybe I might change my mind about how interesting these books are. Are they worthy to be bought? Are they good reads to buy? Worthy to buy just for the sake of collecting? HELP?!?!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Hi - wow, 1st comment from me to you. Yes, I've read it all - G has the series - bought from CP for $30 as well i think - so that's the normal price. I liked it, but it's true that some stories aren't as good as the others - but it's a classic and brings in Christian principles in cool figurative ways. I think it's worth it!
I've read it all as well. Janet still has my books though... sheesh.
As for it being $30 at CP. That's cause it was the 7 books in one. Buying them separately and with the collectors edition would probably be better.
I too have read them all. For the first time, just this summer!
They're great to read as kids, but better to read as adults. They're more than just collections, and anything bought for collecting, is not worth buying at all.
Read them :) Lewis does a wonderful job of capturing God's character in these books.
sweet, comments from snowella! keep them coming!
yeah geo, i agree about getting a boxed set is better! :)
jonny, you should know i'm a completist; i always buy things for the sake of collecting!! "behold, i am the collector, and I have come to add you to my collection!" --- comic book guy
the series was okay...dumb british kids!! :P i saw them on ytv. i would always encourage children to read over watching the movies!! :P and about the links punchy, done and done!
Don't get me Jane Eyre please; I don't have a fireplace in my home to put it in! :P
Post a Comment