It's so awesome how God is so good to us. He is constantly reminding me of things which I seem to easily forget. I ended up talking to someone about some serious things after service on Sunday. We had a talk about some of the issues that were going on in our lives but what was so good was the scripture she brought up to me in our discussion. She reminded me of this scripture: "I tell you, my friends, do not be afraid of those who kill the body and after that can do no more. 5But I will show you whom you should fear: Fear him who, after the killing of the body, has power to throw you into hell" --Luke 12:4-5
I'm not going to use this scripture to condemn anyone but it has really brought into light what my friend and I were starting to do wrong. How did it happen? Just goes to show that just becuase you've read it from scripture once, it's not enough! We read it to remind ourselves! I think God has been showing me that the opinion of man has started to take more of a role in my priorities when it's God's opinion of me that matters the most.
When I woke up today, Stellar Kart's "Finish Last" was on the radio and it reminded me of that message and when something is said more than once, you KNOW it's from Him!!! I can't really say who's opinion has been mattering to me exactly, but it's a combination of many things. Sorry God; I'll try to change my ways from here but it's never been easy....
Also, God has been leading me to make a decision about the after school job with Mount Pleasant. I finally sent them confirmation that I will be taking the position...like now!!! Haha...well I wanted to be sure. I didn't want to commit to something I didn't believe I was going to do well--especially a job involving kids. And in order for me to do it well, I have to believe that it's what's meant to be. I just drove around and walked around thinking about it (and looking for other opportunities to work at places), and I just felt at peace about it all.
Sorry for the seriousness of the whole blog but I just wanted to type my spiritual journal out today rather than writing it in my book as I had a lot to say lol. It's faster to type...maybe I should just keep my spiritual journal on the comp!! :)
And on an unrelated note, my desktop's got internet again! Praise Jesus! Now I can go on the desktop anytime I want!!!...well, except now as my bro is on it so I'm on the ibook again lol.
No comments:
Post a Comment