Monday, February 26, 2007

Parental Stories

Forgot Dad was coming into town last night. I woke up and saw all his stuff in the washrooom but thought that all of it belonged to one of my brothers. I went downstairs and turned on the light and was startled when I saw a man on the couch lol. If you could've only seen my reaction! :)

Dad just left but he made some dinner and soup before he left. He had dinner wiht us and my bros and I had so many bowls of soup. I can't express how much we love Chinese Soup!! :) Mmmm...Winter Melon!! :)

Mother gave us some oranges and they are REALLY SWEET! However, peeling them sucked because the skin was SO THIN! When I was peeling, I kept ripping chunks of orange out and it became very messy lol. I tried to scarf it down at work before any of the students saw me but a few them came in when I was in the middle of eating the orange. :P

Some sad news to report. One of the kids at work (who is extremely pleasant and whom I'm ver fond of), was expecting a new sibling as his mom was 6 months pregnant. Well we received news that the baby is no longer alive and that the mom was in the hospital. The kid was going to be picked up by a family friend and I can only imagine how he would've reacted when he heard the news. I was at King George today and not the other location so I didn't get to see him. The family is devistated and my boss told us, "if you guys believe in the power of prayer, keep them in your prayers...." Puts a lot into prespective: both the death of the child and the comment my boss made. I can't imagine a mother giving birth to a lifeless child... :(

I always think about how much I want to save money and I always find things I need to buy. I bought four new dress shirts recently and am not sure what to wear for my interview on Friday lol. I think I might not wear a tie. Though it looks good, they're quite uncomfortable. My coworker asked if they were suppose to be uncomfortable and my other coworker replied, "if it's uncomfortable, it's on right!" LOL...that was a funny comment. Hmmm, I might wear a dress shirt and sweater over it....tie? Still debating....

2 comments:

Jonny said...

Your interview is on Friday? I thought it was after mine?

A friend of ours was expecting a kid brother back in grade 3, and I was so fascinated that the baby didn't make it, that I kept asking him questions about it.

That was my first lesson in empathy, not that I'm any better at it now.

Geo said...

wear a tie.