Monday, August 06, 2007

You've been served!

Arg! So tired! Service was AWESOME today. Anyone else agree? I felt like I got 4 sermons in 1 day today. Even though Karl Feltmate's message was quite meat filled, what really is sticking with me is when he said, that there is a cost to intimacy. In a human relationship, when we are committed to friends or family or a significant other, we have to make those sacrifices to maintain that closeness with them. It is simple not enough to say we care for each other but we show that we love each other by giving time to each other. This requires time...even if we're tired and exhausted and feel so stretched.

And isn't that same cost to intimacy true with our relationship with God? How much more is this relationship to us? It requires us to make plans and actively do things to increase our intimacy with God...like planning a date or meeting up for dinner to catch up with friends. If we want to be intimate, we have to give that time--intimacy requires us to do this to do this!

And given that I'm tired right now and am blogging, this must mean I have intimacy with my blog because I'm making time to update it! :P I've neglected you for too long blog....but I'm ready to rekindle our love! :P

PS On an unrelated note, I don't know if you anyone has ever heard a pack of cyotes howl at night but they're going at it right now and it's totally freaking me out!!! :P

2 comments:

Tobi Wong said...

Hey Kingston - there's lots of Coyotes up here where I live - I've heard them near the County Hills Golf Course at night - so yeah, if you need that shiver up your spine again ..... come by! jk. I find it kinda neat. :)

Havok said...

Haha...I can hear them quite well from where I live I'm sure! :)