Man I'm so full; I ate lots of wings and fries and had bubble tea at Bubblemania. The honey garlic was really good today and usually I don't get them because they make my hands so messed up.
Yes, I finally went to Karen's today to do some painting for DVBS. We got lots of work done, but it's not finished.
We've managed to start quite an mp3 collection on my comp. My bros have uploaded a lot of oldies stuff and I've been finding myself looking for a lot of old country songs hahaha. Well, I've also downloaded some Aermican Idol performances from season 4; nothing beats Rascal Flatts' duet with Carrie Underwood. That track is hot!!! Oh, and Bo Bice's "Stand by Me" is a great track too. Can't buy it anywhere; thank goodness for internet haha.
So I'm really looking forward to tommorrow's day at Lindsay Park...HOORAY! See you all there...bring your bathing suits and bring your game sucka!!!
I've noticed something in the past few weeks. The phrase "the more things change, the more things stay the same" is not universally true. Things are so different with me now, with my friends, etc. I don't know what it is but I find that sometimes it's hard to let go of something that seems so pointless to fight for. I said this to Grace when I was talking to her this week that there are friends of mine whom I care for dearly but have been unable to stay emotionally attached to. I feel like one party tries hard to keep the relationship close, and yet the other party doesn't make an effort at all. It's a two way relationship....so what do I do? What can I do? No, I don't hold any bitterness towards ppl who don't try to stay in touch, but don't expect me to try anymore if you've given up....whether it's right or wrong, sorry, that's the choice I've made. Then, on the other hand, there are people who I NEVER have to see and yet am able to be on the same page with all the time. I feel like we can be completely honest with each other right away. There's no superficiality to our friendships; no barriers. I appreciate that. Then there's people (including the self), who just change. I know we're all suppose to grow but what if someone changes for the worst? Can friendships truly persist and last despite the "new" person a friend/yourself has become? Sometimes it does; sometimes it doesn't. I wish I knew when and when it wouldn't work out...then I wouldn't have to try....:P Then again, I know the RIGHT thing to do is try right? :P So "the more things change, the more things stay the same" is a crock to me. I wish all my friendships with my buddies could persist but it's just such a joke sometimes.....:P We're suppose to gain all these benifits to friendships but man, sometimes it's just so draining to deal with......*sigh...gotta love having friends :)
2 comments:
i know you love me.. hahaha... see you tmw... if you have time for me... bahaha ta ta
Uh... sorry Alishes, I don't think King's talking about you.
Post a Comment