Tuesday, November 08, 2005

mourning the lost....

Today I found out that one of the teachers who I knew at Hawkwood School got killed in a head on collision car crash and her funeral was yesterday. I was so shocked when I found this out. She was such a nice lady and hard working too. She was working 'til 9pm at school preparing for her lesson next day. Afterwards, she was driving to visit her kids and then she had the car accident. I seriously didn't know what to say when I found this out; everyone in class was speechless. It just really puts into presepective how small my problems are...I pray for her family as they mourn her loss. She wasn't that old....only about 42; that's young for a teacher.....

I'm a bit scared for tommorrow as it will be my first day at Fort Calgary...hope it's a good experience. *sigh...I'm glad I'm not at Hawkwood at this time becuase it would be sadness at the school and that would really overwhelm me if I were there at this time......it's a bit selfish of me to think that way but I guess it's a good thing that I'm not there throughout this ordeal. My prayers to the family, friends, school, and the rest of the community.....

3 comments:

Jonny said...

Damn, I'm very sorry to hear that :(

Anonymous said...

do you know who the teacher was?

Havok said...

Sorry, I don't remember her last name. Most teachers at my school only know each other by their first name.....