Thursday, February 02, 2006

"Hallelujah, Banana Bread, all our Problems are Solved!!!"

Do you remember that quote from the Simpsons?!?! LOL...I bring up the quote because guess what I'm making?! Yup, I decided to head to Superstore and buy all these baking supplies (bowls, spatulas, whisk, measuring cup, measuring spoons, flour, sugar, baking powder, nuts, oven mitts), all because I didn't want to waste the excess bananas I had from running Bananarama for YAC and as part of my Math presentation at school. That's right, I'm that stubborn that instead of letting cheap bananas go to waste, I'd go out and spend more money just to make sure the fruits don't get tossed out!!! :) Now keep in mind, I've never made Banana Bread before and I haven't really baked since Jr. High in Foods Class. At least I can make a second batch to redeem myself if this first one doesn't turn out right. :P I'll let you know how it goes, if you ask nicely.... :)

*UPDATE*

Hey, it's 11:05pm, and I just wanted to let you know it turned out pretty good! I made Walnut Banana Bread and it was pretty easy! I'm making a second loaf as we speak. This time, I added some more Baking Powder so let's see if it rises more! :) Yeah baby, anyone know any other easy recipes I can try out?!? :)

4 comments:

Geo said...

Oh Master Kingston, King of the Universe and King of St. On. I would dearly like to inquire about the results of your baking adventure, if it so pleases you.


I hope that was nicely enough. :P

Jonny said...

Nice? That was more like grovelling. Talk about lowering one's self worth for the sake of... banana bread?!

Forget him King, now, onto more important matters,

Do tell me, how thine bakery has been masterfully orchestrated! Oh, how the light radiates from thine skin of milk and dew. Please spareth me, but a lowly servant, a sweet chance to tasteth, of thine baked creation...

haha, j/k. Sorry Geo, I just like playing the hypocrite :D

Karen said...

mmmm...banana cake. You can try baking the raspberry cheesecake you've been craving.

Jonny said...

hey! That was good bread! Thanks!