Wednesday, March 15, 2006

"Is it, is it in yet?!?!"

Haha, does anyone know where the quote comes from in my title?

I really can't express how tired I am right now in words. Who would've thought that teaching could be so tiring eh?!?! LOL!!!

Today was the day my field advisor from the University came to see me teach and evaluate me. Wowsa, talk about pressure. Things went REALLY well today; more than I could ever hope for actually. The Science unit on magnets was REALLY fun and it's basically done. I've covered all the SLEs (Standard Learner's Expectations) for the unit but we're still working on some magnets stuff for the kids as it ties in with Language Arts and Art.

Yesterday, my partner teacher had a meeting with the Art Teacher all afternoon (along with a lot of other teachers at Hawkwood) so I had to run the class the whole day and it just showed me that yes, I CAN do this! Tommorrow, I get to do the same with the morning though as my teacher is meeteing has a meeting for IPP (Special needs students).

Now, it's just a matter of getting the 20 page paper done and then the semester is done!!!

I've been thinking a lot lately about what I want to do for summer. DVBS? Teach English in China? Be a teacher assistant at Chinook College? Hmmm....the possibiliities! What to do though?

1 more week until the new KUTLESS CD BABY!!! Can't wait! Speaking of which, did anyone get the notice from CP about them changing the the gift certificate from $30 to $10 after you get 10 points? Freakin' stupid! I mean yes, it's good we don't have to spend $30 a month now to get a point, but the end reward sucks big time....what's the incentive to shop there now? Too bad Blessings is too far away! :(

5 comments:

Jonny said...

Isn't it GREAT to have the classroom all by yourself?!?

Jonny said...

oh, Congrats on the good day :D

Anonymous said...

ooOOo Mr. Wong... hahaha i cant wait until you are an official teacher... that will be soo cool... haha CONGRATS on the GREAT day

Havok said...

thanks guys! I'm surprised no one knows where the quote is from still....:P Jon Chu would know ;)

I definitely can't wait until I am a full-time teacher and have my own classroom...I'm gonna make these kids cry!!! ;P

Karen said...

I think you should teach english in China for the experience and it could also be your vacation destination. It'll be even better if you take someone with you.