Friday, March 03, 2006

Mauled or Molested?!?!

So what sucks about the U of C Dental Coverage is that I'm only covered for check-ups at four locations around Calgary. For the past two years, I had a choice to go where I wanted and I was really happy at Brentwood becuase everyone there was so nice and I was treated like a human being and not a piece of meat. However, Brentwood doesn't offer coverage for U of C students anymore so I picked the Dental Clinic in the Scotia Centre downtown. The first clue that all was not well here was when the dental hygene lady came for me but didn't make any effort to be nice. There were no "how are you?" or "so what are you taking in University?" Well, the dental chick wasn't very nice let's just say. When she was scraping the build up off my teeth, she was getting water all over my face! Okay, it's my teeth that needs to be cleaned here; I don't need a shower at this time thank you very much! And then when she polishing my teeth, dang, what a crappy job...she just did it super fast...she didn't take the care on polishing each tooth most hygenists I've had have done. When she was flossing, I couldn't tell if she was trying to truly floss or ram her fist down my throat. She also told me about something they offered at their clinic that I've never had before and wasn't covered for. It was some check performed on your bones to see how they are arond your teeth and how your gumlines are. It costs $25 and took 15 minutes. I accepted this service. Big mistake!!!! She was ramming this needle in my gums to see when it would hit the bones in my mouth to determine the thickness of my gums. I was skwerming, screaming, sweating and shaking. It's weird becuase everytime you go to a new dentist, they make you fill out this form for al new patients and one of the questions on their form was something like "are you afraid of the dentist?" I checked "no." I mean, I've had some bad experiences as a child but I thought I've overcome those fears....let's just say, after that check-up, I'm afraid to even go back there. I have been pondering the events of this morning and truly, I feel like really dirty inside for some reason. I honestly feel like my mouth was rapped!! Um...once I get coverage through CBE for dentalcare, I'm going back to Brentwood baby...heck, even Kurliek up in Sandstone wasn't that bad (despite how he tried to milk me for what I was worth!). OH what a horrible experience! The only thing I can think of that was positive about the whole experience was I got to get some food from Sunterra in Bankers and I got a Smokie from Chicago Franks in the Bay...yeah baby, I haven't had anything from Chicago Franks in years--almost since the Sue Ann days.....

Now I'm at school though. I'm suppose to prepare for a presentation but we'll see....I just had to get this blog finished first!! :) PAYCE!~

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey i am going to try the new dentist in hanson maybe you should come.. i hear that her clinic is full of high tech stuff and that she is really nice.. huu? wanna go?? wanna? wanna?

Havok said...

I'd have to go in a year's time since I just had my check up like 2 hours ago! :P Plus, I'll have to wait to get the CBE coverage; then I can do wherever the road takes me!!!

Karen said...

I actually like going to the dentist better than to the doctor. I feel no pain when I get work done or when I have my regular check-ups. Depending on if I'm there to see my dentist or my dental hygenist we have good conversations throughout my appointment.

Havok said...

Sorry, I'm going to have to say I trust my doctor more...there's always more pain associated with the dentist for some reason....:P

Anonymous said...

EXPOSE YOURSELF:
TEN FIRSTS:
First Best Friend:
First Screen Name:
First Pet:
First Tattoo:
First Girlfriend:
First CD:
First Car:
First Alcoholic Drink:
First Kiss:
First Stuffed Animal:

NINE LASTS:
Last Alchoholic
Last Car ride:
Last Movie Seen:
Last Phone Call:
Last Song Played:
Last Bubble Bath:
Last Meal:
Last time in love:
Last time you Cried:

EIGHT HAVE YOU EVERS:
Have you ever dated one of your best friends?
Have you ever been arrested?
Have you ever skinny dipped?
Have you ever been on tv?
Have you ever been drunk?
Have you ever kissed someone, and then regretted it?
Have you ever had a sex dream about someone?
Have you ever cheated on someone?

SEVEN THINGS YOU ARE WEARING:
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.

SIX THINGS YOU'VE DONE TODAY:
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.

FIVE FAVORITE THINGS IN NO ORDER:
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.

FOUR PEOPLE YOU CAN TELL ANYTHING TO:
1.
2.
3.
4.

THREE CHOICES:
1. Black or White:
2. Hot or Cold:
3. Chocolate or Vanilla:

TWO THINGS YOU WANT TO DO BEFORE YOU DIE:
1.
2.

ONE THING YOU REGRET DOING
*