It started with going to The Cheesecake Cafe with Tammie on Thursday, but it seems like I've been on a streak lately--whether intentional or not--in meeting up with old friends. I got to see Alicia on Friday and then today, I saw Alicia's friend Sheryl who I used to see a lot of in Machall awhile back. She was working at CIBC and that was the one place I didn't expect an English major to be!! :P I also saw Jon Skeith today at the Citywide Prayer Youth Rally and that was awesome because I haven't seen him since Cathie's wedding reception. The guy had just finished working as an intern at his church which was surprising to hear becuase he was the guy who had dreams to be a vet!!! It's so cool because as I was talking to him, I really got the sense that ministry was a better fit for him as a career and as we talked, Jon told me that he really thinks God is leading him towards something better now...something like ministry! God Bless his soul! That was really encouraging! Good for you buddy and I pray that God will continue to guide you and bless you in your career decisions.
I just tingle inside after hearing this from Jon because his stories really represent a part of me that wants to go into ministry as a career as well. I really wanted to be a teacher but now that I'm in this whole thing, I can honestly say that within the last 8 months, I've been dreaming of what life would be like being in ministry as a full time career. I wish I was really sure though....because I'm not. The pros and cons of ministry as a job have been weighed in my head over and over again for who knows how long. The fact is though, I'm scared. What am I scared of? Scared of telling my family that this could be a path I want to choose. Scared of what this would mean financially as I'm already a certain amount of money in debt due to student loans. Scared to admit to my loved ones that maybe I was wrong for being so set on being a teacher. Scared that this means my love life needs to be put on hold. Scared that maybe I'm crazy for having to have pondered such a decision for the past 8 months. Scared that if I make the choice to switch focuses on my career that maybe I'll realize maybe ministry isn't what I want latter down the road. Haha...I'm being crazy right now...it's late night isn't it? :P Really though, maybe I'm not crazy enough to drop everything right now and switch focuses but it's something to consider down the road. I mean, look at Uncle Gordon. He switched careers very recently so it is never too late to do so if I choose to do so. We'll see where God leads me! :) Keep speaking ot me Lord and may my ears be open to it......
So speaking of the rally...man it was freaking sweet!!! Thank you God for allowing me to go and experience something like that. I don't know what it was.....it wasn't the band. I mean they were musically really gifted and all, but it wasn't like that was the most inspiring part to me. It wasn't the fact that they could play United songs that are "too hard" for us to do at church. It wasn't the fact that we were at a gorgeous new gigantic church. There really was something so real about the prayers I heard today. There were prayers cried out of desperation and truly a longing for God to move in this city. That desperation is admirable. Jon Skeith was one of the guys who went to the front to pray for us corporately today and I heard the cries of his heart. I heard high school students acheing for just the movement of The Holy Spirit and I just couldn't believe how much they wanted God to move. It was so encouraging. I really prayed my heart and soul out today too. It was a taste of what my prayer life could be and things have been getting better with it over the past month or so, but it was a glimps of how awesome prayer can be! So things are good and they are just getting even better....God keep stirring me...keep stirring this city....may there be a massive movement of your power across Calgary....we need you more than ever.....thank You Lord....For Your Namesake Lord....Amen....
2 comments:
Dude, Global Day of Prayer was awesome!!!
YEAH! A definite improvement from last year!!! :)
Post a Comment