Now I know most of you who have heard this song on Shine have complained that it was overplayed when it was released but really, maybe they should be playing this song on secular radio. I was on the bus today and it was scouging hot!!! Man I need a car.....
So anyways, on the bus, there was this teeny couple who came from the YMCA at Crowfoot and started to lie, grope, and french in each other's arms right in front of me. C'mon here people! What is going on here? Doesn't anyone have any self- respect anymore? Fine, if you're going out, you can do those things if you want but why do it on the bus and how old could these guys be? 14? 15?
Fine, a lot of couples I know (Christian and Non), believe that premarital sex is not a good thing. Many do what they want but feel they're fine as long as they don't have intercourse....because having intercourse is "crossing the line." Why is it then that most couples insist on getting as close to the line as possible but still try not to have sex? Really, is it really that different morally? Do you think it is morally any different to God if you've had intercourse or if you're already lying in bed naked together and "only" heavy petting?! Sheesh, talk about a false sense of reality.
Hmmm...yeah, I'm venting...sorry! I'm trying not to appear judgemental...because I'm not judging the people...I just hate how society has made everything "okay." However, I do have to take a stand here. Was reading some scripture last nite and of course seeing what I saw today just kind of made me think....
What did I read? Well I copied and pasted it below.... :)
1 Corinthians 5: 9-13 (The Message) : I wrote you in my earlier letter that you shouldn't make yourselves at home among the sexually promiscuous. I didn't mean that you should have nothing at all to do with outsiders of that sort. Or with crooks, whether blue or white-collar. Or with spiritual phonies, for that matter. You'd have to leave the world entirely to do that! But I am saying that you shouldn't act as if everything is just fine when a friend who claims to be a Christian is promiscuous or crooked, is flip with God or rude to friends, gets drunk or becomes greedy and predatory. You can't just go along with this, treating it as acceptable behavior. I'm not responsible for what the outsiders do, but don't we have some responsibility for those within our community of believers? God decides on the outsiders, but we need to decide when our brothers and sisters are out of line and, if necessary, clean house.
Interesting....is this extreme or is this not God's standard? Makes me think of cleaning my act up myself....
No comments:
Post a Comment