So I got a job offer from GCA and I have until Monday to decide. The principal called me and he said I sounded hesitant. Well, I told him I was just really surprised. I honestly didn't think I had a shot at this position. I think that's why I was talking smack and saying I wouldn't accept this position even if they offered it to me. Was I just frontin'? Well now I'm definitely going to pray about it....
It's funny because despite having worked at the After School for a few months, I haven't worked a shift with the main boss until last week. She kind of rubbed me the wrong way last week but I didn't think anything of it...maybe I just caught her on a bad day right? Today I had both of my shifts with her and she totally pissed me off. My coworker Caleb laughed and said to me, "what can I do? She's the boss!!!" Well I'm glad I'm quitting soon but I may be picking up more shifts for the next few weeks since I'm done classes.
There's ANOTHER new radio station in town as of today and she's called Energy 101.5 FM Oh yeah, I'm happy about having another top 40 station (no sarcasm). Vibe is nice and all, but I need an alternative so let's see what this new station brings and if they'll last!! It sounds like its a pop station minus rap so far..but not sure. I've only been listening to it for about 3 songs and I've heard so far: "What comes around" by Justin Timberlake, "Powerless" by Nelly Furtado and "Car Wash" by Rose Royce.
***UPDATE*** Scratch the "minus rap" comment as I just heard them play Cupid's Chokehold by Gym Class Heroes :P
And on a final note: I have the new UNITED CD!! Yes, it's definitely different than their last few albums so I was weirded out at first but I'm starting to like this CD!!
4 comments:
Energy plays the variety from the most recent to the songs back in the days. They even play country. Congratulations on the job offer. It's a great opportunity.
Yeah dude, congrats on the job offer. Now to see if you'll actually take that offer. :P But if you do... hope Energy reaches your expectations for music listening... cause you'll be in the car a LOT. :P
LOL Energy has been a nice change to what we have and so if I listen to all the stations and if they don't change, I will have a great blend of all music! Well, except we need a Christian Rock station that plays no Contemporary crap!! :P
As for the job...still praying about it..... :)
Rockyview would be good on my resume too :)
Have you checked out 90.3? That's a station I'm quite enjoying right now too :) A lot of 90's stuff but less angry than 92.9
Post a Comment