Thursday, June 23, 2005

"Cheese" is Back in Town!

"Are You Real?"
By KJ-52 feat. Jon Micah Sumrall

So my stress keeps running through my mind now.
Fell into a mess that I that wish that I could climb out.
I guess I hide it so nobody’ll find out,
The way everyone thinks that everything is fine now.

At home things are messed up with mom and dad,
And at school all my friends stab me in the back.
No one is real anymore; I hate the way they act.
There’s so many things that I wish I had.

So God if you're there do u understand?
Don’t u care about anything that’s happening?
It’s not fair to put me through all this junk again.
You see that I’m scared, so help me if you can.

So please speak loud and clear ‘cause I’m listening.
I need to no that you’re real ‘cause I’m struggling.
You need to show that your here ‘cause I’m stumbling.
Show me that you care this is why I’m saying this

Are you real?
I want to know (I want to know)
Are you real?
Then let it go (you got to let it go)

Are you real?
I want to know (I want to know)
Are you real?
Then let it show (you got to let it show)



The above song has been on my mind lately....I love it haha. I heard it first on Red Letter Rock so I decided to download it; I am considering buying his latest CD haha.

Today I met up with Karen and Geo to pick up some end rolls from The Calgary Herald and the rolls were the best of the ones we have take his whole week. We then went to drop them off at church, did some inventory, and then set out to buy some new materials for DVBS. Well, before we went shopping, we actually went for lunch at Yamato; I know we went there on Tuesday but I love that place (even if the food made me sick 2 days ago....). Shopping exhausted us though....I don't understand how girls can shop for more than 30 minutes. It's quite mind-boggling. I hardly know any guys who can do it and even they have seen my impatience with loitering at a mall. :P I just can't help it; I feel drained emotionally and physically when we have to shop lol. At least we were efficient today; we picked up most of what we needed for DVBS.

I finally bought my Supergirl figure from Comic Kazi today. I went there 5 times in the past 6 months and everytime I wanted to buy it, I never did. Well, despite the price and heavily looking for it elsewhere, I caved in and picked it up. I also picked up a Darth Vader figure which I thought I would never see again since it's a rare one. SWEETNESS! I'm poor, but never too poor to end my figure and comic collections. :)

7 comments:

jbong said...

his latest cd is alright. i didnt buy it..but ive heard it alot

..it kj-52 singing with many many other artists. even sarah kelly! (dargh....!) ..yea i dont like sarah kelly's music...at all.

Havok said...

yeah, i've download the one with rebecca st.james and jon micah....hmmmm.....from what i've heard, they say his first cd is the best.

Leo said...

what does sarah kelly sing??

i haven't bought a cd in a while...

there's not that many cd's out there, but i'm sure it'll pick up for the summer.

Havok said...

Actually I am opposite of Bong; I do like a few of Sarah Kelly's tunes. She had that smash Christian hit last year "Take me Away" and she also sings a great version of the hymn "I'll Fly Away" with Jars of Clay on their Redemption Songs CD.

Anonymous said...

Speaking of Sarah Kelly, I hear the new Michael Bolton CD is breathtaking.

Geo said...

I don't like Sarah Kelly and I really didn't like her smash hit "Take Me Away"... she can't sing... her ear piercing shrieks hurt my ears. She sucks. haha... though that is the only song I've ever heard of hers... so I can't say too much, but Tak me away sucks bad.

jbong said...

ahahah. ..yes..geo u described it well. "take me away" ..so painful to my ears. even before she sings it...im all tensed up.

haha

yea..im not a big fan of her.