Monday, July 04, 2005

DVBS Kicks Off....

Man, it was definitely a learning experience with all the Kids in DVBS today. I had the older kids for most of the day and they were super good. However, they surprised me with their bible knowledge; they know a lot of stuff. They can put some of us to shame I'm sure. :P I underplanned the amount of activities my class had to do so I have learnt that I need to come up with more activities with the older kids since they whiz by them so fast.

The middle group of kids were very energetic and what you might consider "bad." Yet on the other hand, they were my favorite group because they were so enthusiastic for drama that I loved having them around. This class I didn't need to add anymore activities into the day with because they took up the whole time-- in fact we went overtime haha.

The youngest kids gave me such a headache, especially since Justin and Pierson have such a "toddler" mentality lol. Pierson has gotten better but it still doesn't help because at that age, the kids are so egocentric and in their "own little worlds" that my drama class DID NOT work with them quite so well. I had to pop a movie in lol.

All in all, a great day though. The structure of our program has added stability and less stress to the day. We were missing 5 kids today but yet it seemed like we had so many kids lol. Thanks to all the leaders today; you did great!! Tommorrow is day 2 of 29 hahaha....:P

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

the madness continues