Monday, February 27, 2006

Mixed Blessings?!

I woke up today at 10:30am and of course I'm still tired regardless of sleeping in. I have found out that I can do pretty well if I maintain a consistant sleeping schedule and although I am able to do it for most of the week, I break the cycle because of the weekends. You'd think that the weekends is a gift but really, it's a mixed blessing because I end up sleeping late on Saturday night and that 'cuases me to be tired on Sunday for church the next day. It gets worse. On Monday, I can't recover from the sleepiness experienced on Sunday and thus it makes me feel miserable on Mondays. Sometimes I can recover and start feeling better over the course of the next few days, but then sometimes, I can't. *SIGH* I guess there's just no satisfying me eh? haha!!

This topic of mixed blessings reminds of the years of me hating the classes I took in Econ. I kept thinking, "it's okay, once I'm in Education, I'll be okay. If I endure this, I can get into Education and I'll be happy. I know it's going to be crappy because of the workload and other elements of the program, but I'll be be happy because I won't be in Econ anymore!" Oh boy, was I wrong. I still despise school more often than not. However, I still have to keep reminding myself, I can do this. God got me into this program, and He can get me out of it. I place such constant effort to remind myself at the beginning of the week, "this is where I want to be; this is what I want to do for the rest of my life."

There are even times when I've been too cynical about my church and elements of it. However, God really reminded me of something. I was looking for a church where I could call home. I wanted a place where I could feel comfortable with being me and being a part of a family. I wanted a place where I could worship God with others who desired His presence. I have that. I remember a friend telling me, "Wow Kingston, people clap at your church?" I take such things for granted.

I can't believe how easily it is to forget how great things when things are going good. It happens so often with me. Haha, take for example when I had braces. I prayed so much to God to get the process over with asap and that He would get me through the pain. However, when I got them off 3.5 years later, I have compeletely forgotten to thank God that my teeth have not shifted since getting those metal contraptions off and praising Him for the comfort that bestows me in having nothing metallic in my mouth. I even have forgotten to praise Him for the $5000 smile which He's blessed me with.

Wow, I didn't mean to make this a serious blog lol...it's not that bad...I hope the braces story lightened things up a bit... :)

On another note, I hope you're all watching "Deal or No Deal" becuase that show is hot!!!! :)

24 was also a great episode this week....had my heart racing.....:P Probably the best one so far...I love that Chloe O'Brian.... :) And not because of her looks but because of her brains baby!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

NO DEAL.. HA $25 SAYY WHAT?? aii wow what a deep blog.. i think that i should write one justlike this one soon.. haha... thanks for all the awesome times this past week.. it was really great with you and karen... you two make me feel like i can just be myself... stupid and crazy and totally just exposed and happy.. you are like my family... you are the best.. love ya

Jonny said...

You had braces? What the?!

Havok said...

Haha, Crys, you saw it too?!? Haha, I'm glad he quit becuase I knew he was going to lose big time if he didn't... :P