Friday, June 30, 2006
The Future is Here
Don't we all wish we had a worship leader like Lincoln Brewster at our church? Dang, this guy can really play......:)
In other music news, it seems that Something Like Silas is renamming their band to Future of Forestry!??! Okay, this seems so weird to me not because of the name change, but because of the name they chose. Jon Wong asked me why bands are namming themselves with nature/environmental themes these days and I had no answer. Apparently, the band got it's name from a C.S. Lewis Poem. Hmmm....they still sound pretty good though despite the name change...in fact, I've previewed two of their tracks on their myspace site. Hmmm..I love this band so much because they have a Chinese Song Leader. His wife (who was half white/half Thai), left the band..so it'll be weird getting use to not hearing her vocals...but I'm still putting in my pitch for Future of Foresty!!! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Namming themselves? Or Damning? haha, j/k. I shouldn't be so judgemental on nature bandnames. As I was waiting today in line at the bank feeling uncomfortable in my pants, I suddenly smiled to myself thinking: Prairie Dogs! That would make a great bandname!
Hey! That guy started playing Jeff Buckley's cover of Leonard Cohen's Hallelujah!! Except he changed the lyrics up, which is totally alright with me. But the original lyrics are awesome, and Buckley's lyrics are great too cause they're bitter.
In anycase, great song, but I can't stand Leonard Cohen's voice.
What I don't understand is the catch 22 behind worship leading. The whole, don't show off, but do your best.
I guess that's why I like playing in non-church settings... And sometimes (but not all the times), drunk people make a far better congregation. And people don't try to make me feel guilty afterwards.
"Hey! That guy started playing Jeff Buckley's cover of Leonard Cohen's Hallelujah!!"
Yup...I've heard the original...it's a good song....
"What I don't understand is the catch 22 behind worship leading. The whole, don't show off, but do your best."
Hmmm....Hmmm I actaully don't have a problem with people showing off as long as I know where their heads are. You can tell who are the prideful ones about their skills and who aren't. Haha...if someone struggles with pride, maybe they should take care of that before they showcase their skills. :P Why would you lead yourself into sin if you struggle with pride?
Besides, your church is more conservative than mine so I'm sure our musicians would be able to get away with that more so than you could at yours! :) I'm surprised you guys even allow drums and guitars at your church at all haha...j/k j/k....where would we be without the the drums to control our heartbeats and therefore leading us into worship? :)
Actually, that's a really good point. You liberal Pentacostals make me sick!
Hey! Don't ever use that word to describe me again..."Pentecostal"...sheesh!! :P J/K....Do you consider me a Liberal? I would've thought I'm more conserverative with my Christian views....no need for wackiness...that's how cults start! :)
Post a Comment