Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Something Divine About Hockey?

Well it's been a long and fun ride, but I guess it ended in heartbreak for us Oilers fans. It's okay though, it just wasn't meant to be. I didn't think Cam Ward was going to win the Con Smyth but particularly in this series with the Oilers and with the first series against Montreal, I believe he was the difference maker without a doubt....so how fitting for it to be him to win. Congrats to a brother in Christ! :) Maybe God just wanted it all this way....I have been finding rest (though it's painful) in the lyrics of Mainstay's song "Take Away:"

It's all from Your hand
and there's nothing that's mine
and all that You give
You're free to take away


That song applies to my life more than in just hockey :).....what a powerful reality this song portrays.

For those of you who were trying to call me while the game was on...I just have to ask why? Haha....it's game 7 and there is no way anyone who is an Oilers or Carolina fan would would answer the phone at that point...you're crazy! :P

After the game, I basically went to bed and had about 12 hours of sleep...well I tried to. My cold is disappearing but my cough is gaining strength so I was up for a large portion of the night coughing my brains out. I hope I get significantly better within the next day because I called my former partner teaching and told her I was going to go visit the kids tommorrow. I think I'll still show up even if I'm coughing badly. I just need to bring lots of cough drops haha...:) Or do you think that's a mistake to go? 'Cause after all, I could be going there and giving the kids all my germs right? :)

On a final note, I love my dp of the X-Men but I really can't stand the way Bachelo draws Iceman...he looks like a moron!! :P The rest looks decent though...and who's that girl beside Cable?!?! Arg...I guess I have to wait 'til August/September to find out....:P

5 comments:

Geo said...

lol, you're right about the phone part. I'm not an oilers fan or a Carolina fan either but I still didn't answer the phone when the game was on.

and I was just going to ask about iceman, lol, he looks horrible!

Havok said...

He's always drawn Iceman that way and I hate it....I have no idea what the heck is his problem lol......but Bachelo does draw women cool and it just shows that women don't necessarily have to be drawn with exploding boobs in comics to look good!!! :P

Jenny said...

iceman looks realy creepy in this one...

lito_e said...

yes.. god is helping me through times, he's my bestfriend my everything. Nobody can take his place,i'm glad everythings in gods hands i'm glad he's guiding me through this Journey = ) thank for all the prays!

Havok said...

Who Sabretooth? :P