WANTED: Mandarin speaking Volunteers needed for DVBS. Only requirement is that you speak Mandarin! COME ONE; COME ALL!!!
Hmmm so DVBS stories to tell:
1) Some kid got a pea stuck up his nose. He or a friend inserted it up there. It started to bleed but he didn't tell anyone what was wrong for two hours. AD (Auntie Daisy) successfully fishes out for it. He was warned not to put anything up there again.
2) The same kid with the pea up his nose turned on his only friend at DVBS today. The friend is a cute kid and he ended up befriending "Ho-Ho" and they were going to play chess. Pea-up-his-nose kid knocks all the pieces over while they two friends play chess. He tells his now "ex-friend" that his mom doesn't want to pick up cute kid anymore and only pea-up-his-nose kid.
3) The kids were building machines out of K'nex and had to present their machine to the class at Spaceport. One of the groups builds a small snowplow device to which Jackie (this is one of the eldest kids who likes to make himself feel better by either bringing his ego up or deflating other people's egos), publically asks, "why is your device so small?" He probably asks this because his model is bigger. One of the group members of the snowplow device who happens to be 6 years old just simply says, "because it's not real" with a look on his face which gives the impression that he wants to add, "you stupid idiot! It's just a model..of course it's small!" This was right in front of everyone and all the leaders laughed because Jackie got burned. Haha...despite that, I still love Jackie. You know I have a sore spot for the meaner kids! :)
4) Mandarin kids prove that they're from mainland China. Some of them are the nicest kids but they have shown their true colors already in the span of a few days. During a craft, a few kids went and stole some glitter for a "non-glitter craft." We told them they had to ask....it's called politeness and manners people!!! Next day, during quiet time, we usually offer coloring sheets to kids while they wait but these kids decide to take one of every page and fold them up and take them home. NO OTHER KID HAS EVER DONE THAT IN THE YEARS OF DVBSes I HAVE BEEN INVOLVED IN. Haha...Still....the pages have scripture on it so let's hope that will plant seeds in them lol!
5) And then there's the Mandarin kid who doesn't speak at all. On his registration, his name is listed as "Yuexuang." However, he does have an English name and my class and I on the first day were trying to get him to tell us his name. He said it so softly, I asked him to repeat it over and over. The class kept thinking his name was "Kermi." Jon Chu and Eva and I thought it was "Hermi." We called him that and all the students called him that for the first 3 days. When we did a craft though, he wrote his name as "Heming." LOL..we've been calling him Hermi lol....how terrible is that?!?! :P
I simply have to ask, David/Calvin, are you sure you handle this? What have you gotten yourself into!??! WAHAHHAHA!!!! :) We only had 28 kids this week...we will have about 43 kids in week 5!! So these youth ain't seen nothing yet! :P DVBS is going to be a blast/tiring haha.....
In unrelated news....I'm so into this one song right now..it's a year or two old but it's really ministering to me so I think I will introduce it soon. I can see longevity in it. The tune is Tim Hughe's/ Newsboys' "When the tears Fall." I usually listen to the Newsboys version 'cause that's the CD I gots. :)
In other news, I know after the trip to Orlando, I said I didn't want kids. That was practically true even though I said it in a joking manner. I'm started to like them again but you know, I'm not ready to have kids. I'm not ready to get married. And yet, those are two things I want the most in my life haha. I think I'm obsessed with the idea of commitment...but I'll be caught off guard if ANY WOMAN can make me her slave!!! :P
3 comments:
Ah... the drama slowly unfolds at DVBS, lol.
Leaders who are quickly understanding what they've gotten themselves into... but not knowing quite what to do about it, lol
Bestfriends no longer friends...
bullies being burned...
no kids crying yet though... lol
and LUCKILY... no fighting either
ah, the joys of doing VBS, lol.
Commit to me baby. I'll never do you wrong!
Don't listen to Holepuncher...he's just jelous because since Jenny's been gone, he hasn't been getting some lovin'!!! :) Yeah baby yeah!!! :)
Post a Comment