Monday, July 31, 2006

Answers

It's been very interesting to see how God's been answering things I've been praying about in the past week. Okay--I'll admit it--I'm one of the worst people to ask to pray for things. Usually when I hear a prayer request, I say a quick prayer for the person so that I've "done my task required" but I honestly do it half-heartedly (sorry!).

Well I've been praying all week for the jobless to get interviews and that's what He's been doing for my friends. I praise God becuase I really did pray for Andrew to get a decent job this week! I know it's not about me...it wasn't me that got him that job...but maybe I could've been a better supportive brother in doing what I could and praying is about all I could do.

I've been praying for Robert's dad all week too and praise God that things look pretty clear. It looks as if the chemo has been successful!!! God keep him healthy!

There have been discouragements about the no pastor issue at CPC and it was really sad for me to feel them but it worse to hear them from others. God is so good though because of the prospect of a potential pastor coming on board at CPC soon. I've been praying for that lately too.

There have been other things too but I won't get into details about it all. God is so ready to pour out His blessings on us and that is just so exciting!!! Hmmm..what else to pray for?! We definitely need new and younger leaders and new musicians!!! :P

On another note, today was the first day for a few new leaders in DVBS and I'm glad to have you all on board. I really pray that you guys will become better friends and that everyone will be plugged into the body with each other. I have a real big heart for this one youth who hasn't been plugged into many of our youth and it breaks my heart seeing that person living life like a lonely soldier. I pray that no one has to live life that way....because we're called to be a body and to find strength in each other. Man, I can't believe DVBS is almost over...You guys are great haha!!! Keep up the great work! :)

We also watched episode 2 of Angel Wars today and man it was SO GOOD! Daniel said that they can't watch it at South E. Free becuase it's too violent but really, this cartoon is WAY better than Veggie Tales....more violent..haha...well it's not that bad...it's just a cartoon. :P I mean come on...there was fighting in The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe and that's a Christian allegory!! I don't think we should limit ourselves by only watching Veggie Tales all the time at church.....:P

7 comments:

Geo said...

Yeah, time to bring out the Passion of the Christ!! lol

Havok said...

LOL...Speaking of that movie, did anyone hear that Mel Gibson got pulled over for drunk driving over the weekend? And supposidly he was making some pretty bad anti-semantic comments!

Karen said...

Thanks for praying for me in regards to a job.

Jonny said...

Indiana Jones movies are also great to watch in church. I've learned so much from them.

For example: Don't open the Ark, and don't drink from any overly decorated chalices.

Dana said...

Angel Wars is actually really good!!!
My first time seeing it
and i wish to watch more

Geo said...

You know... I don't think I have ever seen Angel Wars before... perhaps I should now...

Havok said...

Just borrow them from the church..but return them promptly!! :P