Wednesday, September 14, 2005

What's up with me?!?!

Man with Education and all and everyone getting blogs, it's hard to find time to update my own blog and write comments on other ppl's!!! I'll try my best to keep up with it all though! :P

Hmmm...so yeah, most of you know that I got Hawkwood Elementary which is great 'cause it's so close to home. I plan on taking walks home if the weather permits haha. It'll be a 20 walk or so, but it'll be fun! I'm nervous as heck though. Despite years of experience with kids, everytime I go to a new workplace, I still feel nervous as heck. Haha, my Field Study Professor told us she lost sleep over teaching us for the first time and she's old and quite more experience than I am!!! :P I guess it's a natural feeling! :)

I also got Fort Calgary as my community workplace....don't know what to say about that because on one hand I have never been there and I don't know what to expect. It is also quite far away from where I live; that's another negative! :P Haha, on the on the other hand, I could find it very fun to work there so I am hoping for a good experience!

I ran into Marcia today and it was cool to catch up with her again. She's great...she talked about how I'm always the same deep down happy person I have always been; I always have a smile on my face. I told her that smile has been fading though I try not to let the world crush my spirits....but she said "Kingston, don't ever let yourself become like that!!" I'll try my friend...I'm trying really hard.....

And it's been awhile since I've posted lyrics to a song up, but I always do to express what I can't express with my own words.....so without further a do, here are the lyrics to one of my favorite Jars of Clay songs!!

The Eleventh Hour
By Jars of Clay

[verse]
Trace the shape of my heart
Till it becomes more familiar
To your eyes
I've been lost without you
Cold without your love
It's taken days and nights
To make me realize

[chorus]
Rescue me from hanging on this line
I won't give up on giving you
The chance to blow my mind
Let the eleventh hour quickly
Pass me by
I'll find you when I think
I'm out of time

[verse]
Take the place of my heart
Till I become a stranger to my life
I've been down without you
Wrong without your love
In time will I be what
You're thinking of

[chorus]

Out of time

[bridge]
I've been down without you
Cold without your love
In time will I be what
You're thinking of

[chorus 2x]

Time...time...time

6 comments:

Geo said...

Fort Calgary?? My memories of it... going last year and going when I was in elementary... I was bored both times, haha. Do you have to wear uniforms then?

b-jo said...

Hey dude, totally know how you feel. I know you'll do great though, it will definitely be one of those times where God will be molding you into more of what His heart desires and it'll hurt but be excited for His plans are perfect!

Havok said...

No idea what we have to do there....responsibilities or uniforms Geo....but I'm sure it'll be okay as a worker :)

Beej, I just am worried about whether my partner teacher and I will get along haha...the rest, including the principal, I'm sure I can charm into liking me :)

Kaili said...

cool. Teacher Wong! Mr.Wong! sounds old =) WHat do they call you anyway?

Karen said...

I know you'll have fun as a teacher. This is what you love doing.

Havok said...

they call me "big sexy" :P