Yesterday was my bro's birthday so we watched X3 and it was a good experience. Ooops, i just realized that I read someone that we need to stay until the credits are done to catch something from the movie but I forgot about that.....hmmm..I'll have to get it the next time then hahaha. We were quick to leave the theatre.
We had to drive my bro home and then to downtown to get to church and this for me was really agonizing because we had to drive in rush hour traffic towards home first and then try to make it into the downtown area where there were a lot of traffic problems that day. I was getting cranky on the way to church and I kept thinking, "Dang, I can't wait to get there!" Only when I got to church, I saw how bad our church was leaking. What was beautiful about the experirence was seeing the church people care so much abou their home and try to get everything organized. I just couldn't believe it at first. That part was amazing now that I think about it. My initial thoughts were actually ones of shock though. Crystal noticed how shaken up I was and a part of it was because I was in the car for so long and all but a part of it was just seeing the church so vulnerable. I know it's not about me placing hopes in a building or anything...but man, I've come to think of this place as my home (no matter how creepy it is at night!). I can now imagine how shocked I'd be if my real home went through this. It just got me really shaken up. I just felt this vulnerability.....
YAC was pretty fun haha. Because of the flooding, KFC was cancelled so a lot of kids were told it was cancelled that night for YAC too haha. So really, because of YC and flooding, I think over half of our kids were gone. We had a good turn out though as Brenda, Jiffany, Zevida, Agnes, Florence, Enoch, Daniel Mok, Truman, Kendrick, Kenric, Crystal, Hannah, Geoffrey, and Andrew participated (Did I miss anyone?). Haha....it turned out to be a blast and my only regret is that more of our youth couldn't participate in this disgustingly fun event. I don't think most of them have seen this stuff so it was a real shocker for those who were there. One of the hightlights of the night: Truman eating sardines WAHAHAHAHAHAHAH. Jenny, if you read this, can you send me the pictures you have of the night please? :) Or was it from Geo's camera? Geo, if it's from your cam, can you send it to me please? Haha...I just don't know who's it was.....:P
Hmmm...I wonder how those YC people are doing...God keep them safe and all the blessings upon them!
I'm a bit sad that I didn't go to YC but it's weird because I really think I needed to be here in Calgary. I had some good FELLOWSHIP time with some brothers and sisters...yes apparently we do talk about God and give each other encouragement! :P Sam, seriously, the talk we had at BPs was very nice in putting a certain thing into perspective in my eyes. I actually had a good opportunity to talk to a few of the youth about life, love and ministry so that was fun! I'm also very thankful for a talk with Crystal too I had at dinner time. It was nice talking about relationships. Haha, is this what we've been reduced too; are we just hoplessly addicted to love? LOL...I swear, it feels so good but yet it's all so foreign and so scary at the same time! Ahhh God is so good......praise You for the pouring that's been placed in my life and other people's lives around me lately....You're so GOOD!!!!
1 comment:
aii... i am glad that im back.. i missed these good times together
Post a Comment