Thursday, May 04, 2006

FREE COMIC BOOK DAY!!!

Hey gang,

Man, I'm up early.....but hey, don't forget, Saturday is Free Comic Book Day!!! This is the 5th one they've had...but can you believe that I've never gone to this event!?! I must be Petarded. There are 28 different comics you can potentially grab all for free on this day! I want to grab Runaways/X-Men basically because although X-Men is my favorite team in the whole wide world, Runaways is definitely the best thing Marvel has right now; they're becoming one of my all time favorites. So this is the crossover of a lifetime baby!!!

"What's the big deal about comic books anyway?" you may ask.

Here's an answer from http://www.freecomicbookday.com:

Comic books are an original American art form, created in the early days of the twentieth century. They are fun to read, featuring a wide range of diverse storylines that capture the imagination of the readers, and have survived: the dominance of radio, the ubiquity of television, the spread of color and sound motion pictures, the rise of videogames, and the Internet. That's worth celebrating in our book, and as this site continues to grow and evolve, you'll see even more information about this wonderful medium.

So there you have it folks. For more answers to frequently asked questions about this event (such as which comics are be given away, which stores are participating, etc.), follow the link below!!!

FREE COMIC BOOK DAY FAQ

So go have fun. In fact, go hit a comic book store and spread the love! Bring someone on a hot date to some of the coolest stores around in Calgary!!! :) Have fun!!! :)

4 comments:

Dana said...

One of these days i'm gonna buy u a cake!
=D
just for u!!

Havok said...

Wow sweet! Why am I so lucky to have you offer to buy me a cake?!!? :)

jbong said...

hot date = going around to cool comic book stores

hahahahaha

Havok said...

Sorry Alicia, I don't have a DS...don't fork out the $$ for it...you can wait for a Nintendo REvolution system for an even newer Animal Crossing which will come out in a year or so.....