Thursday, August 03, 2006

Zoo Trips Make Me Tired and Weary! :P

So today was Zoo day at DVBS and it was aight. The kids Jon and I had in our group were a handful and they weren't really into the whole animal thing so I can really relate to them. The Zoo was never one of my favorite DVBS trips because of the fact that we have to walk so so much to see these animals and for what--to stare at it for 10 seconds and leave? Not much of a reward for such effort! :P

What I do like about the Zoo is the cool playground. In past years, we just spent an hour or so there and talked while the kids played and this year was no different! We even ran into Alice and Karina Kung there too! I'm still anticipating the day where I'll see a Panda and a Cheetah though...definitely two of my favorite animals!! :) Oh well, at least I saw the Zebra and the Lions! :)

On another note, I finally got my insurance for the Civic! :) I went driving today adn things went rather smoothly. I was quite nervous at first since it has been 6 or so years since I've last driven. In fact, today was the first time I've ever driven by myself! I still need to practice everything but it'll take a long time until I'm comfortable on the roads completely let alone the church parking lot! :P

5 comments:

Geo said...

ah... the final frontier for driving... the CHURCH PARKING LOT!! lol

I used to get really bored at the zoo too, but the past few years have been really fun and I actually look forward to them because I've made my zoo trip into a huge game, lol and whichever kids I have always end up really enjoying themselves and therefore I'm quite content at the zoo, lol.
Calaway Park is surprisingly the trip where I tend to get bored the quickest. The only ride I really enjoy there is the Strawberry ride, lol (and I have never had one kid want to go back on it with me after the first ride that day, lol).

But I agree, seeing a Cheetah would be awesome, but they would need a huge exhibit inorder for them to like living there I think, so I highly doubt it.
Seeing the Red Panda was great today though!

Havok said...

yup I saw the Red Panda today too! That was definitely a good one!!! :)

Jonny said...

At first, I wasn't in anguish but why does it feel like a part of my soul is missing now? I feel like I've lost a best friend... Can I ever let myself become vulnerable again to anyone or is this the untimely end of Kingston?

Those are exactly my fears. It's easier as time goes by but sometimes I relapse into that mindset. And it's extremely hard now after two years, because if I confide in someone, they'll just be all: "What the hell? You're still not over it?!" or throw out empty suggestions like "Why don't YOU give closer for yourself?"

So, I feel more alone than ever at times.

I did feel that you were moving too fast however. I didn't say anything at the time because I was surprised, and excited that you had found someone else. Or perhaps I'm just one of those friends that says what you want to hear all the time.

*shrug*

Still, they say it's easier when you move onto someone else, but It'd be more fair for the other person if you resolve your baggage first.

Or, you could pull a prodigal son and give her another chance. :P

At least now she know's how serious you hold to your values.

I wouldn't suggest eating lots of ice cream though. Maybe grow out your hair or something.

Jonny said...

No need to validate your experiences with me baby :P

Zing!

Haha, but yeah, point noted. I agree that everybody takes things on differently, and heck, only God know's what's behind our true motives.

And, if our motives are true, I'm sure He'll honor them. Well... maybe I'm not so sure about that. But it sure sounded like a good thing to say.

Havok said...

LOL...