Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Calling it Quits

So I've handed my notice today to the Afterschool. Next week is my last week of working there. I don't know...I figured I would give myself some time to rest before starting full time work. While it's true that I need the money, I just don't want to rush into work feeling drained and miserable. I figured I could get some Wii time this way :)

It's kind of sad to leave the job considering the fact that I'm just starting to get to know these kids. I've developed relationships with them all so I don't know, I just feel a bit sad about it all.

I am suppose to hear back from Glenmore Christian Academy by the end of this week on whether I get the grade 4 position with them or not.

I had my interview with Rocky View and I can tell you the interview went well. They were super nice. The interview wasn't even half as aweful as the CBE one and they even gave me Dasani water to drink during the interview which surprisingly relaxed me. The Rocky View School District building is NICE! It's brand new and I think it looks awesome! I will know within two weeks whether I get a subsituting job with them or not in May. Not sure if i will take it or not as I'm still waiting to hear from the Catholic Board and i heard they were giving out Probationary Contracts like hot cakes. I've heard that substitute teaching is a blessing and is a right of passage in earning a classroom from a few people but I don't necessarily buy into that completely. Is it wrong for me to want a class of my own ASAP? It sounds easy but really, this road has been difficult and yet God is telling me over and over to just trust Him and to look to Him for the perfect place to teach....He is leading me and I want to acknowedge Him...I'm listening......

I hade a chance to visit my old practicum kids last week and it was nice to see them all again and have them give me the latest on what they've been learning in the weeks I've been gone. Some of my students hugged me before even saying "hi"...haha...it was awkward becuase I wasn't necessarily hugging back, but it's nice to know that they care....:)

I also had a chance to catch up with my partner teacher and my team teacher and they were very encouraging. So thanks to them for that. I even found my team teacher on Facebook so that's interesting to see how we know a few common friends lol...it's hilarious how I'm connected with so many people in so many unexpected ways....yup, I'm loving this Facebook thing a lot!!! :)

2 comments:

Geo said...

Pastor Kat has facebook now too!

Havok said...

I know that's crazy eh!?!?