Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Longing....



Doesn't that picture just capture your imagination? Silver Surfer was one of my favorite childhood super heroes. Did you know I used to long for adventure? Thrills, Chills and Spills--you name it--I wanted it!!! I once longed to see the Stars...to travel the seas....to see the world. What's happened?!?! Am I doomed to the boering mundane life that bestows so many of us?

I think sometimes I'm envious of everyone for at least one quality or pocession that they have that I don't.....it's not that big of a struggle really...I wish I could say that was my biggest confession of my most darkest sin ever, but it's not! :) Still, sometimes, this song serves as a reminder to desires I have which seem like is a necessity to fullfill, but really isn't......

Psalm 73 (My God's Enough)
By Barlow Girl - feat. Todd Agnew

I've had enough of living life for only me
And reaching just for the things that keep destroying me
So sick of envying the lives of so many I see
Somehow believing that they have what I need

[Chorus]
My God's enough for me
This world has nothing I need
In this whole life I've seen
My God's enough, enough for me

I can't explain why I suffer though I live for You
Those who deny You they have it better than I do
Cover my eyes now so that my heart can finally see
That in the end only You mean anything

Who have I in heaven but You
Nothing I desire but You
My heart may fail but not You
You are mine forever

12 comments:

Jonny said...

Haha, I read in the dose today: The fortunate thing is, you won't actually know just how boring you've become.

I know your envious of my long hair man, but really, you can grow yours out too!

Jonny said...

Hey actually, what your saying kinda ties in w/ my blog! Read those verses man! Don't compare yourself with others! Because you're unique! There's no other jerk out there quite like you babe.

Anonymous said...

AAAHHHH.. NO LONG HAIR:)

Anonymous said...

AAAHHHH.. NO CAPITALS :)

Anonymous said...

true that jonny... there really no jerk quite like you king.. tee hee hee

Havok said...

Correction, "there really IS no jerk quite like you king" :P

Am I jerk for corrrecting grammer? :P

Havok said...

I'm not THAT insecure...I've got greatness too....For example, I'm the best dang teacher around and everyone knows it!!! :)

Geo said...

That's a sweet picture. But as for wanting to have an adventure, but now being stuck with a boring mundane life... You're going to be a teacher, an elementary school teacher. You can easily be that teacher that brings out the adventure in a child's imagination, and focus it so much that they go out and achieve it. Live vicariously through your students!! Don't sit there in your boring mundane life and make them lose their hearts for adventure either. :P You can be THE difference in those kids lives.

Jonny said...

Good point Geo, except your talking about a guy who has no imagination. I mean, comon! He's going to scrap and replace his entire DVD collection, just for higher res copies?!

Havok said...

Fine, you guys can have boring lives lived vicariously through others and outdated technology.....I'll live all out with my new gismos, gadgets and adventures.... :P

Jonny said...

I will totally be happy with my vintage guitar gear :)

Thanks.

Havok said...

Dude, we're not talking guitars...we're talking technology....if ppl are so happy with vintage technology, why don't they stick with a black and white tv? Why don't they settle for an original nintendo instead of playing ps2? Maybe switching the DVD player for a Beta Cassette player would satisfy them?!!? :P Absolutely not!!! HAHA....