Thursday, May 11, 2006

"Break the Spell of the Typical"--Mutemath

So it took awhile, but I'm caught up on blogs. :P Jackson's Wednesday post brought up some really good points. I think so much about what God wants me to do. Honestly, I feel like I have so much figured out. I want to be a teacher. I want to get married. I want to settle down and just enjoy life. Simple right? It's all figured out?

Is that what God wants though? I have no idea.....I mean, I have all these plans for my life, but if that's not what God wants, how can I honestly say I'd be happy with my life? Can anyone say they'd be willing to just settle for a mediocre life and be happy with it especially if it were outside of God's will? I don't want to be in that zone; it's scary to even think about...

The last chapter of Velvet Elvis talked about how we need to as Christians not just think about getting into heaven but rather we should be thinking about how to bring heaven on Earth as it is now. It really spoke to me. Am I doing anything to fight against the hell on this Earth that people are creating? What am I doing to fight against poverty? injustice? Am I doing anything to fight this or am I just living the typical life and trying to fend for my own personal happiness?

Sometimes I think God would be the most pleased with me if I just went to some third world country and became a missionary...:P...or even a full-time pastor. Haha!!!! Then, reality sits upon me. Those plans I've made....yup, they conflict with possibilities of ministry as a career. Oh and can't forget those student loans too....yup I'm tied down aren't I?

Man things couldn't be even more confusing! Wait, God, they could be couldn't they? Lord, I'll just be content with the current confusion and ask for you not to allow anymore in my life for now...thanks Lord....

2 comments:

Dana said...

Hey Kingston!
I think i passed my theory exam...
ya...
I think
It was all a big blur T_T
Ya, i couldn't remember some of the stuff so i had to keep myself calm and stuff
XP
And thanks!!
Again!

lito_e said...

Heyy!!!
hahaha ooo nice haha.. yeahh
i'm working on it geez give me time
okay?