Tuesday, August 08, 2006

I'm Old Enough to Know Better

Is it just me or do a lot of girls like to play games? I swear there are so many mind bending activities that girls like to put us through and for what cause? For example, there's the blame shift game. A girl can do something wrong and then when you get upset about it, they make you feel like crap becuase you got upset with them in the first. The one who offends becomes the victim!!! :P

Don't get me started on trying to decide where to eat or what to do for an activity. When you ask a lot of girls what they want to do, you get a "oh I don't care...you decide!" When you make the push for something you really want to do or for a place you really want to eat you get a "oh, I don't feel like that today...why don't we go do this....." And sometimes, they won't make the follow up suggestion right away. The guy has to make 10 suggestions before a girl will tell us what she really wants to do. If you wanted to do that in the first place, why didn't you just say so in the first place?!?!? :P

There are many games assoicated with manipulating us dumb-headed boys. Don't get me started on "The chase" for a girl....are you interested or are you not?!?!

When I was younger, I had a lot of female friends and honestly, I didn't think that men and women were that different in terms of being friends with each other. Boy, was I ever retarded! Jon Chu and I have had talks about this....it really does seem like "men are from Mars and women are from Venus!!!" Will we ever fully understand each other?!?!?

I'm getting too tired of all of this. I am so burnt out from activities associated with relationships. Seriously God, this is my prayer....if you want me to marry someone in my lifetime, please give me the strength to do this because I am definitely running out of it on my own......

24 comments:

Anonymous said...

interesting...i agree...women...plahhh
haha...at least when i say i dont care i really dont care...
and i responded to your comment on my calgaryplanet page...first person to tag your guestbook in like half a year haha...
hope your prayer gets answered ^^

i give you 20 billion blog points!!!

Havok said...

Sweet I'm the richest Blogger in the World!! :)

Haha...well, I did say a lot of women but not all women are like that :) At least...that's what I'm told! :)

I think a lot of ppl are suppose to get married though because having someone in your life can spur you towards God more and definitely through a relationship help you to be more obidient towards Him. A good relationship should help you to serve God more effectively rather than serving Him alone.

Then I guess there are the drawbacks like how Paul in the Bible says that being married can be a big distraction because our interests become divided :P Or how Solomon says it's better to be alone in an attic than to be around a nagging wife....

Which is why it's the most confusing task ever!!! :)

Havok said...

You may think you don't care right now...but one day you will...one day WAHAHAHAHHAHAHA!!!

Anonymous said...

calvin just jealous cause he cant have me LOL Jokes jokes!

Anonymous said...

you make me sick eva

and i concur to kingston =P...and my brain is shutting down so i cant think right now anyways

Geo said...

Ummm... that was quite... strange... ... I think I'll leave it at that.

But yeah, patience and trust. 2 of the hardest things to gain and the easiest to lose. But I believe those are two of the most important pieces to this guy/girl thing. And I mean it in the way of... patience in God's timing (it will not be by your timing, but by His) and trust (He will provide and though it might seem like it's completely wrong, whose to argue with Him!! :) )

Havok said...

"you make me sick..."

Wow, that was a little extreme wasn't it? :) LOL

Anonymous said...

girls are stupid!

Havok said...

Amen Brotha!!

Sam said...

Young women or rather GIRLS need to grow up. Cause no matter how mature they "act" or claim to be in their relationships with people and family, they will be always stuck in their own ignorance and stupidity.

Dude, instead of looking at the flashy and bright neon lights... lets try out something that the locals are familar with. Locals' recommendations are the best and have seem to have purpose.

When close friends who both know and cares for you recommends someone...think about it...cause with everyone behind your back that someone might be worth pursuing.... or not...

Havok said...

Sam, you so wise my friend!

I agree with that and I definitely take what my close friends say into consideration....but I do try to keep in mind that it's me who will have to marry this person eventually and not them! :)

And yes....what is a good age for women to grow up? When does it happen?!?!

Jonny said...

...Cause no matter how mature they "act" or claim to be in their relationships with people and family, they will be always stuck in their own ignorance and stupidity.

Ouch. That was a serious burn. And I give two thumbs up! haha!

I remember having this discussion with Dickie and a girl during the retreat that I attended a couple years back, and what troubled me was how dogmatic she was in justifying this form of passive aggressive behaviour.

I mean seriously, it was cool that she acknowledged it, but to defend and rationalize it as a form of proper, and healthy communication within a relationship?

Kiss my butt.

Anyway, as good as Sam's advice is, I've got better:

Go for someone who's not Asian.








j/k j/k.

Havok said...

LOL everyone's just dishing it...I'm not that bad and yet I thought I was a bitter ogre...:P

Leo said...

wow....there's a lot of bitterness in these comments! :) hahaha

Anonymous said...

sounds like shes a good catch :)

Jonny said...

Or Varity.

Havok said...

Thanks for the warning about the white chicks...Jon almost convinced me there!! :)

Leo said...

hahahaha....

I think you should totally go for Hagrid!

She sounds HOT! Hahaha

Havok said...

Was it worth saying that comment twice Allie?

Children like you eh..? I don't know if I want halfies now...despite the cuteness, I don't think I'd want a mate who wouldn't be able to communicate with the parents.....

Anonymous said...

wow.. lots of bitterness from you all eh? I had to chuckle... White girls Jon? That's funny. Come on. There are some decent Asian girls out there!! Unfortunately my mom and sister Tine are taken!! HAHA.

Yeah... singless is like ignorance. Bliss. I know man.. i've got 26 1/2 yrs experience:) "E" does not count!!

Relient K Quote: So fall back on all of your premonitions And just learn to listen To those that have more wisdom than you....Something tells me that this is going to make sense Something tells me it’s going to take patience Something tells me that this will all work out in the end

Peace out! N!

Anonymous said...

Too bad, your mom is hot Nat!!! :)

Jonny said...

No Asians. Ever again.

Anonymous said...

Okay. Now I feel extrememly foolish. Jon, I'm sorry. I thought you were Jon C. That was intended for him!

OOOPS!!! :)

Who said my mom is hott? You're a dirty little man..Dirty I say!!

Havok said...

Are you sure it was a man? What if it was a woman who said that? :) What? Just asking!!!