Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Something Nice

One of my youth asked me how I was doing and that's so different because it's rare for a youth to ask me when it's usually me who asks them about their lives. I told my youth last night that I was in the process of figuring things out in my life and that lately, I've not been doing so super. I basically said I hoped I could spend some more time with God to get things together. The youth said this to me:

"oooo of course u can because you have Sundays and Fridays. Try to fit time at night before you go to sleep and alwayz think about Him whenever you're doing somthing because He's in you....okay, I don't know where those words came from!"

Haha, it was nice for the youth to say to me and it actually did really encourage me. I've been doing a lot better in general because right now I'm just relaxing and having a good time with friends from school and from church over the course of these past few days. And as for where those words came from, they came from God!! I know You were speaking to me Lord through this teen God and for that I thank You.

I think I need to pick up a book during the remaining time of my break. I'm thinking it's finally time to read "The Sacred Romance" that Gooi bought me oh so many years ago!

On another note, I have been looking at Digital Cameras and Electric Shavers for the past few days and have come up with nothing. I really want the electric shaver but have not been able to bring myself to buy it....I'm really debating...for what it does, I don't know if it's worth it. Besides, I do like the smell of shaving...I have no idea why....I think shaving cream smells good...makes me feel like the man I am!! Haha. The shaving cream and the use of a razor is just such a guy thing. The only reason I want the electric one is because of convinience.

As for the Digital Camera, I think I can wait 'til Christmas. I want one for that ocassion. I need to stop buying all these gadgets and toys for myself haha. At least it shows I just don't rush into purchases all the time....giving it lots of thought!! :)

6 comments:

Leo said...

you should go to XS cargo...

they sometimes have fairly decent electric shavers there! :)

Geo said...

A couple of the youths told me during summer camp that they HATED the smell of shaving cream!! lol... granted, they were girls and it was in their ears. :P

Anonymous said...

yes I agree... electrical gadgets are a crzy expense!! I'm having a hard time finding an epilator!! (a gadget for women or metrosexual men)

Havok said...

Hmmm...I might check that out...but Wal-Mart has the best warranties...you can return anything haha....

Never head of an epilator sorry..what is that?

Geo said...

I know what an epiPEN is...

Havok said...

Okay so again I repeat what I wrote:

Never head of an epilator sorry..what is that?

:P