Monday, November 27, 2006

Reflections

Hooray! I sold my Nintendo Wii today on Ebay for $25 US more than what I bought mine for. Profits baby!! :) And when I bought my Wii, I got Zelda with it so you can see it as me getting Zelda for free or me actually making a profit of $70-80!!! :)

Well it's the last week of student teaching and it was the last Monday I'll ever be with my class. Like Jon, I've found my passion for teaching too and yet like him, I also question whether I'm starting to place teaching over God. That's been racing through my head as of late and I've come to the conclusion that I'm not because even though I'm loving teaching, I'm always looking forward to the end of the day. I love teaching as a job, but like any job, I just can't wait for it to be finished! So really, school's not taking His place...but I've got school down somewhat. I really am going to miss my kids but I can't wait until this week is over because I want to move on and not look back on being a student teacher---I want to be a REAL teacher! :P I guess it's just my impatience kicking in....always looking forward to the next step in life I think.

One of my favorite students was lingering in the classroom today after the bell rang and I asked him if something was wrong. He replied, "no...it's just....are you sure you HAVE to leave this week Mr. Wong? Why can't you leave next week instead?" This isn't the first time he's kind of acted this way but it was the first time he's really been saddened by it lol. He and I talked for a bit and I proceeded to the door to "walk him out" of the classroom. He started walking to the other end of the school to get his coat at the coat rack and he turned around and looked at me and talked as he walked backwards and by the end of it, it was like the conversation was the last one we'd ever have. It was kind of sad. It's funny in a way because I wasn't going to tell the kids I was leaving until the last day originally but when I told them last week I was leaving soon, some of them were sad haha. "Are you going to miss us Mr. Wong?" another one of my favorites asked me today. And to tell you the truth...I will most definitely will. I should go and visit them over the course of the Winter semester haha. I actually like most/all of my students a lot and honestly, I think I will NEVER forget this group of students.

As I think about it all....where I was and where I am now, I can't help but to thank God for His provisions in my life. I was never the dumb kid in school...I did well in most of my subjects...and when things looked bleak in terms of getting high enough marks to get into Education, He got me in and I'll NEVER forget that. He helped me realize that I can live out a life of passion through a relationship with Him and through the work He's given me to do. Because of Him, I've known love and know how to love. And because of Him, I get to finish off with TWO degrees baby!!! To God be all the glory both now and forevermore.....it's all about You...may this story you've written through the unfolding adventures of my life give Your namesake all the praise it's due....

2 comments:

Jonny said...

And to tell you the truth...I will most definitely will.

You teach these kids English too right?

The end of the day is one of my favorite times too, but I don't think that makes me a better Christian :P

Havok said...

REally?! It doesn't make you a better Christian?!

Haha...no my point is I'd rather be anywhere than at school when I'm at school...but for a job, school is a nice place to be.... :) I'm just not the type that can be "married to my job" because that's not who I am...I know some ppl struggle with that but I have other weaknesses....like comics....:P

And no, we don't teach English...just Language Arts...*sigh....