Wednesday, January 02, 2008

The Amazing Race

I can't believe I have to go back to work tomorrow. When I've had this much time off, a part of me just dreads going back. I'm sure tomorrow will be okay--kind of glad that it's just PD for the next few days.

How was this year for me? All I can say is: INTERESTING. God knows how to spice things up and by doing so has made me confused about many things. I look at people who plan the details of their lives and they're all so simplistic. Everything goes according to schedule and yet I look at my life and so much has happened to deviate from what I initially wanted. I can't help but to have the attitude of Job and think, "why me?" Despite that, I'm not going to whine here about it. It's actually exciting and scary at the same time. God keeps me on my toes and it's a great adventure. Despite my plans not falling through, He shows me that He never leaves my side. Even if I don't have what I want, I can still wait right? Even if it doesn't happen later on according to my plans, it's also good becuase it's God's way and that's the end of the story. God is God and I am man...seeing only some small part of the grand picture.

So I look forward to what this year has to bring. What do I have to look foward to? Paying a mortgage. Working at a job I have found far more difficult than I ever imagined it could be. Being away from the one I hold dearest to me. Haha...well, despite all of this, God, I'm hoping. I'm trusting. I'm letting go. I'm open for you to use me however you want. Speak to me Lord and lead in Your ways...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want you to join the Board at CPC.

~God.

Havok said...

I'm convinced; board here I come!!! :P