Man, sometimes the net is so frustrating...it was working fine for a bit, then started acting up during peak times when I was having conversations with peeps, and now.....iya...it's working again!!
Today, I went to morning prayer....man sometimes it's really negative, some of the stuff we talk about...before we pray.....but I guess I'd rather be aware of the problems than be oblivious...but I like being ignorant of the issues sometimes too. I think if anything were to crush me, it'd be church politics. Sometimes i can picture myself just saying "DAH screw it all!!!" No one said it would be easy to advance Jesus' kingdom. And then again, nothing that is worth doing is easy. So I guess it's a good challenge...and I guess I need to keep going...what else can I do? I hate looking back. I really love praying though and hearing some of you guys poor your hearts out to God.....so encouraging.
I have been tired all day because of it me not getting enough sleep (something that always happens when I go to prayer on Saturday mornings)....I think I am a bit grouchy right now and have been all day lol. I even rejected an offer to go out with my old high school friends....just not in the mood....I"m tired. I think I need to sleep early tonight. :P
What did I do today? I went to Wendy's/Tim Hotons (the BEST 2 restaurant combination ever...too bad there's only 3 locations in the city that I know of that have the combo), went to Sam/Sarah's for a bit, and then came home and finished watching The Incredibles for the 2nd time. I had Quizno's for the first time today too! :P
Oh, and since I didn't update my blog yesterday, just wanted to say that Good Friday service was pretty good except it was TWO HOURS!!! My bros went and so did some of our younger youth and non-church youth.......I hope you guys all got something out of it and weren't bored out of your mind. It was good, but I know it's hard for you guys to sit there for 2 hours...... :) WE went to Clem and Amy's house that day and we talked all night.....I love how when we go there, all we do is talk....just good fellowship time for all of us. We have really good conversations there all the time...it's scary sometimes haha.....but glad we could go there and celebrate Clem and Amy's birthday! :)
Tommorrow should be fun eh guys? WAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!
2 comments:
Yeah... I hear ya. Just remember, God and church are not the same thing.
One thing I have (note the correct grammer, that's for you Geo) found really encouraging, and a huge eye opener this year was just going out and sharing the Gospel to random people on campus. I've realized that God's SO MUCH more than just church! He's all about love for lost (and saved) people! But honestly... sometimes, I prefere the company of lost folks more than saved. When you get them talking about spirituality, and life problems, some can be more honest and open than... church people. Well, that's my infuriating rant anyway...
true that dawg!
Post a Comment