Thursday, January 19, 2006

Revelations

I've come to the realization today that although Field trips are SUPER fun for children, they are EXTREMELY tiring for teachers!!! We went to the EPCOR Centre downtown today so that our students could practice some art skills in print making. Also, they got to take part in a mock Acadian Kitchen Party and so we practice the dances and played some of the instruments. What a great day that went by really fast...but like I said, super DRAINING. No Recess. No Lunch Breaks. Just sitting with the students for hours and hours. Oh...and in case you're wondering if I danced or not...well I practiced a bit but my partner teacher assigned me the role of taking pictures so I got out of doing most of the dancing...haha...suckers!!! :) I got to participate in some of it, and it was fun...I feel I'm more in touch with my Acadian side!! :) Oh wait, I'm full Chinese....SCORE!!!! :)

4 comments:

Jonny said...

Hey, my field prof gave us an awesome resource for field trips. I'll email it to you.

Havok said...

I don't know if I can accept a resource from a man with such long hair..... :)

Geo said...

So... no recess, no lunch break... kinda like VBS?

Havok said...

Haha, Yeah I guess you could say that Geo...but I really look forward to those breaks when in the school because those are basically the times when I can talk with other teachers and use the washrooms! :)