Yesterday, I forgot to blog about how I ran into David Yang on my bus when I was taking it home from school. He was going to go watch a movie at Crowfoot and I sat behind him. Now who was sitting in front of him? This high school couple who was being too affectionate on the bus and it was awkward. Here we have a youth, who I've been trying to teach about purity too and about taking it slow in a relationship and right in front of him, there's a couple doing the complete opposite of what I've been teaching...and worst of all, he has to see it right in front of his YAC leader...I don't know why but this was AWKWARD on so many levels! :P
Today, I had to go poo while at the Uni during the morning so I chose a washroom in Science B and it was one of those "hole in wall washrooms"--small bathroom with one stall. The trouble with those types of washrooms is that you can totally hear what's going in them if you walk past them and when I was walking to this washroom, there were two girls standing RIGHT in front of the door to get in there. I made my through them to get to the washrooms and then I thought, "why in the world would those two girls be standing in front of the washroom?" Obviously they weren't waiting for anyone because I was using it and it only has one stall. Did they always loiter around men's washrooms? Do they like the smell of them or something? It was kind of funny becuase there were some loud noises coming out of that washroom and I thought, "is that what those girls wanted to hear?" Sheesh...can I get some privacy please?! I don't understand women!!! :)
Today was my visit to Olympic Heights and let me tell you this school was AMAZING! I got to meet so many of the teachers and had free time to roam each teacher's class and see what they were doing...they were all so welcoming! I thought my school was pretty Inquiry based but man, Olympic Heights is completely Inquiry and they have implemented Reggio types of methods into their school as well. (Reggio originated out of Italy and is a HUGE success in their early elementary school programs....for more info on this teaching method, the Jubilee has an Exhibit so go check it out!). I could see myself at this school working full-time (God willing), and I would have a blast!!!
Oh yeah, I got to see Pierson while he was practicing some Math equations haha. LOL...that kid is very unlucky...must be in one of the only classes which doesn't have a window...if you are reading this and think, "Big Deal, who needs a window?!" It's a BIG DEAL to A TEACHER!!!! Yeah, I know, we're lame!!! :)
6 comments:
Yeah, you're quite lame.
It's a pretty big deal for students too. No place to stare off to during class. haha
Maybe the girls were checking the guys out who were going in and coming out of the washroom and rating them. The louder the noise you made in there, the higher the rating you received.
hahaha karen you are just classic... aii i hated those washroooms.. and they are raelly freaking at night when you are studying there... soo many holes in the wall
classic or just twisted?!!? :) I'll have your twisted!!! :P
Do a follow-up with David :) He'll appreciate that in the long run. "Hey David... Uh... remember how those two were kissing and feeling each other out on the bus?"
"Uh... no."
"Uh... good. Because if you do... I'll Castrate you!!!"
Windows are important. That's why Queen E. Rules, and Churchill sucks.
lol, that was hilarious but I don't think I'll bring that up because that's exactly how it might end up being if he remembered the incident!!! :P
Ouch, wouldn't want to be Churchill right now! :) Who'd a thought that windows could determine how sucky a school coudl be?
Post a Comment