If there's anything that's been on my mindset the most these last few years it's described in the lyrics below. I honestly only have been listening to this tune for the last few months, but it feels like it describes the journey I've been on what feels like forever. We're bound by time aren't we? Even if you find the one who can reach the deepest part of your soul--the one that makes you happy to be alive--isn't timing everything? Don't we have to follow the rules and restrictions bound to us to receive The Blessing? Timing is just one of those factors that make all the difference....
Pray for me
By Plumb
Here is where the road divides
Here is where we realize
The sculpting of the father’s great design
Thru’ time you’ve been a friend to me
But time is now the enemy
I wish we didn’t have to say goodbye
But I know the road he chose for me
Is not the road he chose for you
So as we chase the dreams we’re after
[Chorus]
Pray for me and I’ll pray for you
Pray that we will keep the common ground
Won’t you pray for me and I’ll pray for you
And one day love will bring us back around again
Painted on our tapestry
We see the way it has to be
Weaving thru’ the laughter and the tears
But love will be the tie that binds us
To the time we leave behind us
Memories will be our souvenirs
And I know that thru’ it all
The hardest part of love is letting go
But there’s a greater love that holds us
Here is where the road divides.....
All we can do is pray that it will work out. Just one more year..one more year....and maybe our roads will merge again, and we can finally walk on THE ONE AND ONLY PATH we want to take.....
8 comments:
Timing is everything, but it takes patience to go through it. If you've found the one, than it shouldn't matter how many years you've already waited, or how many more it will take.
It'll be worth the wait.
" If you've found the one, than it shouldn't matter how many years you've already waited, or how many more it will take."
In theory yes, it shouldn't matter, but I feel it does. Seriously, my energy is really drained becuase of the great distance that seperates us and because I don't get to be with the one that makes me happy. It's very strainuous on a relationship and this explains why most people who are seperated by distance don't work out in the end.......
....but I also have to say we serve a mighty God and if it's been this long and it's still remained in tact and stronger than ever, than God is THE GOD of all possibilities! :)
I've said this to you once before but I'll say it to you again. If you waited this long, you can wait for another year or as long as it takes. One day that path will merge if it's meant to be, in the mean time, focus on your first love. He has more in store for you while leading you to the path He wants you to follow. The waiting period is always the hardest part; all you need is patience.
Sometimes I wonder which is harder... waiting all these years because of distance and timing... or waiting all these years because there's no true potential there.
Hey man,
I think this song was originally written by Michael W. Smith. I have this song in his Eye 2 Eye albulm.
Good song though.
But yeah, I know how you feel dude, been there. What got me through this personally was trying to take a look at the full perspective. One more year is nothing in the long run. Think about it this way, its another year that the Lord wants to teach you something before you guys get together. He's given you another year. Don't waste this opportunity. Cause once you're attached, it will be very difficult to go back.
Its a exciting time now. Replace the "what ifs..." with "But God..." The Lord has great plans for both of you.
Blessings on you bro!
I agree with Karen, however, Geo brings up a good point on being realistic... However... are those words spoken out of love?... or is there a hidden agenda behind them...?
hmmm? *raises eyebrows in thoughtful manner* Interesting words indeed.
Jon, I'm not catching you.....to me, I thought Geo's question was "is it worse to have someone and not be with them, or to have no one at all" because singleness and being in a LD relationship both seem pretty painful....
Post a Comment