I think I'm going crazy. I really am bad at overthinking things and over-analyzing things. It's easier just to resolve things and talk things out with people but sometimes, it's beyond our control. However, when we can resolve things with people but choose not to, I have to wonder why? Do we like holding onto our confusions and thus second guessing everything? It makes the self going crazy always wondering.....yet we choose to be that way. Weird isn't it? :P
And that's why I find closure with people is such a big deal. I know I've talked about this before, but I've learnt more about this phenomenon lately. When there are problems, we should talk it over. However, closure is a multiple step process. Just because you've talked things over with someone, it's not usually enough if it's only been done once. People are insecure and need constant reassurance. You can try to bridge gaps with people and at the end of a healing session with someone, you think things are alright again, but really, they're not. And then there's awkwardness again. "Oh dang, I thought we talked about that already!" Haha...see where I'm going with this?
Well, somethings been driving me crazy as of late. I told my buddies at Men's Group about such a situation and that I was going to resolve something with someone and that it was going to happen after the Men's Meeting. My mind dwelled on it all night. I am happy to report that things went well and for once in a long time with this friend, I feel at peace with it all.
I wanted to have closure on another situation today but the person only had 5 minutes to talk so now I have to wait for this person to call me back later tonight. Talk about nerve-wrecking. I hope this situation ends well. :) May it lead to closure.
I think closure is so important--how can we just let things dwindle? Stop the insanity!!! I need a lot more closure with more people and situations but I'll take what I can get for now. If things work out tonight, then I guess that will be two less things to worry about and my mind can be more at peace! :P
7 comments:
I agree. Closure is so important in mending relationships. However, to deprive one from such need, can also be the vindictive, self-sacrificing act of vengance.
But you know what, if you don't get your closure, you'll still heal.
Look at me! I didn't get my closure, and now I'm hot!
closure can be selfish sometimes... its not always that easy to get closure too.. remember to be sensitive too... dont think so much... hahaha.. who are you? me? just kids
Just to argue the point, it can be selfish to with-hold closure too.
Hmmm...I think without closure Jon, the healing won't be as fast. I'm sure you've had the odd times where you mind just is wondering a lot and how you think about the other person and how they're doing and if they even care about you or hate you....it's just a huge thing!
Closure I would say is for ourselves because it puts our mind at ease but I think it helps the other person too. Communication is the key! And it puts things to rest for both parties.
But yeah, both people can be jerks and just with-hold altogether.
Nonetheless, you both brought up good points....:)
Oh..except for the point about being hot...I don't agree with that :P
For the record, I didn't with-hold :P But your right, I used to wonder.
Not anymore baby.
Because freak, I'm hot.
you two are sooo funny
Post a Comment