Saturday, November 04, 2006

Yeah Right!

I think it's such a lie when people say they don't care what others think of them. One of the deepest longings in people's hearts is to be accepted and to be acknowledged. Donald Miller writes in "Searching for God Knows What", "It seemed that every human being had this need for something outside himself to tell him who he was...It explained why I wanted to be seen as smart, why religious people wanted so desperately to be right, why Shirley MacLaine wanted to be God, and just about everything else a human did." I can testify to that. That's why I think it's bogus when people say otherwise. :P

Hmmm...Alicia introduced Jon and I to Wonderfalls today and I have to say, I'm semi-interested in finishing watching the other 11 episodes haha. Maybe we should meet up and finish watching the show together. :P

Man, I have 4 new CDs open from this week and what I really hate about opening so many CDs all at once is that I can't give all my attention to any particular disk. From past experience, I always end up liking a CD more than another and thus give all my attention to that one. The rest end up collecting dust becuase I didn't give them a fair chance. Well, I've been listening to all 4 these last few days so hopefully I can avoid the trend I've been setting with previous CDs haha.

I wasn't going to open my Skillet CD but because Geo said it was good, I was more open to the idea of listening to it. Also, Christine said she was going to pick up the CD so that put me over the edge and I opened it. Glad I did. Thumbs up! :) I'm in the middle of listening to it right now! :)

As for the Newsboys, I'm glad you guys are back to your rockin' roots. No more contempoary worship albums for awhile please...although the last one was good, it's just not what the Newsboys are known for. :P

Oh and I'm glad I picked up this Phil Joel album. This CD is to refocus us back on spending more time with God. Love it.

FOF, I can't stop listening to all the tracks on the EP! AHHHH! One of my fav bands without a doubt!

So many CDs and I've noticed that I have way too many CDs, Toys, Comics and books. Any suggestions on what to do with all this stuff? Hmmm...should I sell my stuff? I don't want to get ripped off. Maybe I should just stop buying new stuff? Or maybe I should just get a bigger house! :P Hopefully I'll marry someone who doesn't mind all my junk. :)

3 comments:

Jonny said...

One of the deepest longings in people's hearts is to be accepted and to be acknowledged.

Girl: She hates me.

Psych: How does that make you feel?

Girl: One less person to worry about.


HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

I thought that was pretty clever.

Havok said...

Who would appreciate the things I enjoy if I gave them away? :P Maybe I should give my CDs to some of my youth lol....

Geo said...

passing on cds is... strange... just because by the time you are willing to pass on a cd... it's so OUTDATED!! :P

but yeah, Skillet. Love it.
Jeremy Camp is getting to be really good too... even though it is slower than his usual... this is one that I'm actually listening to the lyrics instead of just the music (choruses for sure at least, lol).

You can borrow it if you want to. :P Since you drive all the time now and won't listen to it in my car anymore, lol