Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Kicking the Kids' Butts!!!

What's this!? Two posts two days in a row?! YUPPERS! I must like blogging or something again! :P Anyways, I just realized I forgot to mention a few things about YC yesterday and the first is this: Lincoln Brewster was amazing!! I love his guitar skills and it was nice to have him play during worship.

Another thing is, I didn't get a chance to see Barlow Girl. And it's not that I love them like crazy or anything LOL but they have about 5 songs I listen to all the time and just to hear them do one of their songs would've been nice. Would you believe that the hall where they were playing was full and there was a huge line up to get in? JEEZ!! :P

And lastly--in regards to yesterday's post--I forgot to mention one Christian Artist whom I'd REALLY LOVE to see and that's my favorite male artist: Shawn McDonald!! DANG I wish you'd come to Caglary!! :P And you're only in Seattle too! :(

Okay and as for today...how did it go with the kids? Actually not that bad as it was only a half day with them. I ended up waking up early to meet them in the morning LOL so imagine how ebarassed I was when I realized I read the email wrong and showed up for work in the morning! :P

At the end of the school day, I was asked to help the teachers out in the teachers v.s. grade 4 floor hockey match. I ended up getting 2 goals as a defencemen on the kids and I wasn't even trying to score. Well...the first time I was because we were losing at first. However, we wanted the kids to win so we didn't try as much and I ended up scoring when I ddin't even mean to haha. We were only suppose to play half an hour but we wanted the kids to come back and win the trophy so we kept going and it took so long for them to catch up. One of the teachers said, "it appears that even doing something like finding a job would be easier than seeing the kids win this game" becuase they were just taking so long to come back. It came to the point where the principal said "next goal wins" and we actaully came close to scoring a few times lol. When the kids FINALLY scored the winning goal, the took the trophy and all crowded around and touched it. The girls were being all snobby and bragging and I was thinking, "I can't believe they seriously thought they beat us without us letting them win!!" Do you think I burst their bubble?! Hmmm...you tell me!! Haha!

No comments: