Monday, May 28, 2007

Off the Hook Weekend!

So YC was a BLAST this year! Mike Pilavachi was amazing as usual and even though I've heard some of his stories before, they're still funny everytime I hear them LOL. I think he would be a cool pastor to have becuase his humour is so similar to mine haha. My favorite concert definitely was Toby Mac as he sang his best stuff and yet sang two of the best DC Talk songs too! Awesome!!

United was another highlight...they're so amazing! How annointed is this group?! I can really see that they've changed focuses a lot as I guess they've been travelling and that has impacted what they're about. Too bad we only had them for 2 of the 5 sessions but I guess they'd be pretty exhausted. I heard they recorded their latest album in the studio as they've been all over the world doing missions and such! CRAZY!!

My favorite sermon came from Hillsongs youth pastor Phil Doolie though. He just reminded me of a lot of things like how we don't have to have it all together and have it all planned out before we start serving. God can heal us as we go but we have to be willing. And isn't that an important principle to apply to our lives in other areas too? Figure it out as you go....just go and do it!!!

David Crowder was pretty cool too and now I can take him off the list of Christian Artists I wansted to see and add him to the list of Christiian Artists I have seen. There's still maybe a handful of big names in the industry I still want to see but haven't. Matt Redman. Chris Tomlin. Mercy Me. Jeremy Camp. That's to name a few that I'd really love to see live at one point! Well I want to see the first two but the latter two I just want to see so I can say I've been ALL the BIGGEST NAMES in Christian Music! :)

And on to other news, I'm anxiously waiting for X-Men 200 where my display picture up at the very top of this page is featuring a picture of 1 of the 3 covers for this special anniversary event. This picture of Gambit and the Mauraders is the other half of the cover and both pics connect to make one. Writer Mike Carey said he was bringing back the Mauraders as he feels they're the scariest villians in X-Men history and with some of the X-Men betraying the team to join up with Mr. Sinister and his gang, this forsure I can predict will be a huge storyline and won't disappoint fans! This storyline is a set-up to the huge crossover starting in November between all the X-Men titles!!!

And on a final note, I got called to sub tomorrow and Thursday for the class full of hellion grade 2s I subbed for in my first week for 3 straight days. Oh how will I survive this?!!? :P SAVE ME!!!

2 comments:

Jonny said...

How do you survive?!

You're my hero :D

See ya Wed.

Havok said...

Only surviving by the grace and mercy of sweet Jesus!! :)