Tuesday, May 01, 2007

About Faith

It's difficult sometimes to trust that things will go the way they're suppose to when we have no control over it and when we can't see the big picture. It's difficult to do NOTHING and just rest easy in the arms of The Father. Why do we always feel like we have to DO something about closing the gap between where we are and where we want to be?

Hmmm..the sermon on Sunday wasn't the most dynamic sermon I've ever heard I can tell you that but the message was loud and clear. I feel like it's the same message that I received at last year's Summer Camp and even before that haha. It's great to be diligent at doing things and hard working but I find that God's been telling me to just sit and rest easy in His grace. Even with that message being told to me time and time again and me promising I will do exactly that, I've never been able to do that. One of the things I promised to do in my prayer life was to sit and let God speak to me rather than me being the one to do all of the talking and yet I haven't been able to fully emerse myself in that practice at all. What kind of a relationship is that where one person does all of the talking?!?

Even when things didn't work out with the CBE, I HAD to get off my butt and start applying everywhere ASAP...it was about what I could do to leviate the problem...not necessarily what God could do. I scrambled and did everything I could...it was about me finding the opportunities....and not resting in the fact that maybe God had a plan for it all.

And yet God taught me a lot through this whole CBE ordeal and that doesn't only include the lesson that God's got things in store for me, but I CAN pass up something like GCA...even if I wanted to hold onto this "sure thing" which didn't necessarily feel right. God gave me peace about going with Rockyview even though I didn't necessarily have the "sure thing of a full time job" lined up right away. I always wondered how people were able to reject a great job up front and hold out for "who knows what." And yet "who knows what" was the thing they were meant to do. I love those stories because the faith these people had in making these decisions are admirable. I always wondered if I would ever have the strength to do that and yet God has shown me that I can. And that principle applies to more than one area of my life. I don't need to hold onto the second best and yet "sure things" in life but I can have the faith that God would fulfill His promises on giving me the best and nothing but the best in all areas of my life.

Thank God that He's still teaching this fool of a man and that even when I've thought God's finished with me, He reminds me that He's got so much more to show me....

1 comment:

Jonny said...

Praise God.