Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Oh How Little Monies I Have!!! :P

I don't know what's with me but I think I'm really starting to lose patience with certain people and certain situations in my life. I think it's really hard because I'm trying not to become this person who isolates himself from everyone and just always doing my own thing but I can't help it. I know deep down, I long for belonging and community but with some people I think it's easier to stay away then to love. And yet God is humbling me and asking me "Kingston, why you gotta be like that?" And then I say, "Well God, why do THEY have to be like that?" So which to bury: us or the impatience? :P God I'm open to Your help but I can't do this alone if I think you want it the way you do......God let me give the love to those who need it the most wherever I am.....

Today was very interesting because my Prof came in to see me teach one last time before she writes my assessment and honestly, I didn't expect her to come. She said she would just drop by unexpectantly and that way was fine with me beucase I could concentrate on teaching and not getting anxious over her visit. Things went GREAT today PTL!!! :) She actually said "out of all the classes I've seen, I haven't seen the spirit of inquiry like I've seen it in your class today." WOW! I'm not all for inquiry but that was quite the thing to say. I don't consider myself inquiry based and yet the whole MT program at U of C is based on that. I think it's all a load......:P

What I don't think is a load of dung is something I watched on 20/20 just now. Well, I was looking for "The Nine" but I guess it isn't on tonight. Anyways, they were talking about some experiment they performed where they set up charity donation stations (like they always do around the mall and at stores during this time of year). One was set up in some conservative rural town in California while another was set up in San Fran. which of course most of you know as being more Liberal. Which place ended up with the most money? Definitely not San Fran. The rural and more conservative place gave more and the trend happens to be true all over America. The places with the most Conservative people (according to Election results), gave approx. 30% more money to non profit organizations than liberals in the USA. The story is true also with nonmonetary giving as 18% more blood was given by conservatives than liberals. Also, these conservative States were also a lot poorer than the others. According to statistics, it was either the poorer working class or the extremely rich who gave the most. The cheapskates of the bunch were the majority middle class. 20/20 was saying how funny it was that the middle class was complaining about not having enough money when all these people were able to give a portion of each of their paycheques to charity who were from the poorer working class. Also in the statistics, people who gave lots of money to church and considered themselves spiritual are not only more likely to give to the church, but they give more money generously to charities not affiliated with church. Hmmm......interesting stuff...well for me anyways!!! :)

7 comments:

Geo said...

makes sense.

those with a ton of money.. have not much use for it... so they'll donate some of it.

those with very little money... have most likely come to terms with their quality of life standards and are willing to give because they understand and sympathize with those with less.

those in the middle... either don't understand or sympathize with those with less as well, or believe that saving just a bit more will put them over the top and get them into the rich category.

Alicia said...

Hmm... perhaps I am jumping the gun but if you are mad at me because of what I wrote about your church, I'd rather have you say it to me than write a cryptic blog entry.

Sorry if you are talking about other people, but I think we've known each other long enough to warrant you telling me rather than saying "I'm losing patience with certain people in my life".

Havok said...

Alicia, that blog entry wasn't about you. Why would I hold it against you if you aren't able to stick around at CPC or even if you're having issues around your faith? That seems like a pretty bad reason not to like someone.....:)

I'm actaully referring to more than on person/people in my life in many different areas but the point of the blog is to ask what's wrong with ME because I'm so unaccepting. I wasn't trying to make a point to be self righteous by saying everyone is stupid but me....:P

Jonny said...

He's talking about me, because I keep teasing him about his pubic hairs-

Or lack there of.

Havok said...

I have pubes!!! Do you want me to pull down my pants and show you? Do you want to do this thing right now? :)

ali said...

Ok, sorry & thanks for clarifying. I'm not saying that you're like that... I've just become paranoid in my old age.

Yeah... I've seen Jon's pubes. Or maybe they're barley's cat hairs. Either way, it's pretty gross.

Havok said...

Yes well this wasn't the first time haha..remember that one time where you asked if I was mad at you and I didn't even see you write that 'til a month later? That's the reason why I got Blogger to email me if anyone left me a comment on my blog lol....it's all good though :)