Saturday, December 09, 2006

Fin.

Remember how I said that on the release day of the Wii, I was tossing and turning and felt like God wanted me up but I chose to try to sleep anyways? I had that experience today too. I was trying to sleep in but my mind was dreaming about something really weird and it was draining to think about rather than relaxful. I chose to get out bed because of that and went on the computer. I went to the Future Shop website because I wanted to check something out. You see, I bought a new TV for our living room yesterday and Phil asked me a question about it and I had no idea what the answer was to it so I went on to check the answer out. Anyways, I've been checking Future Shop's website quite frequently lately to look for Wii controllers and so as I was typing in the link of the site, well a bunch of URLs to the site popped up and and I scrolled to one of them and hit the Wii Remote page I visted in the past. It said that they were in stock at the NE Future Shop! I checked for the Nunchucks and they were in stock too! I was freaking out because I didn't know how many they had and the store had been open for an hour already so they might have had as little as one of each and by the time I made it there, they could've been gone! I called several times but no one picked up. Well all I can say is I drove like a maniac trying to get to the store and the store was packed! However, the good news is, the remotes and the nunchucks were in stock and I picked up 3 of each!! Wow, 200 big ones down the drain!! Cheap system; expensive accessories. When I got home, I went back online and it said they weren't in stock in the NE Future Shop anymore lol. This is kind of funny becuase they didn't get any Wiis in and when I went to the Coventry Hills location yesterday, they said the accessories usually ship with the Wiis. BS I tell ya!! So thus, this concludes the hunt for accessories. It's quite fitting since my semester is now over as well and I have no work to do! :) I could've picked up more remotes/nunchucks but I figured I wouldn't be a jerk and sell them online as I wanted the people who have the systems to buy them...hopefully it worked. Sure, I may have made money selling an extra Wii, but I spent a lot of time looking for accessories and things just have a way of balancing out like that. Praise God that the hunt is over! :)

I also got shopping done today. I went to Toys R Us and they have a HUGE weekend sale so go hit up that store if you haven't done so already! Also, I went to Blessings and picked up some things. I also FINALLY hit the T & T by more place and I can tell you I like it A LOT better than the NE location...less crowded and I could actually find parking. I picked up some Inari and it was awesome. I wanted some Dim Sum but didn't want to wait in line as I had ice cream in my basket and didn't want it to melt before I got home lol.

As for my new TV..it's a 40 inch HD LCD Sony. It didn't fit in my car so I I had to get some bungie chords and it was sticking out of my trunk when I brought it home. I managed to bring it inside my home and the TV is still in tack. LOL...no HD yet, but maybe soon. Just have to wait awhile because I think this family has spent enough money over the holidays already...:P

6 comments:

Geo said...

lol... does this mean we can actually play Wii this sunday??

Jackson said...

someone is going to break your new TV... :P :) lots of clumsy people at our church :P :)

Havok said...

That's why no one will be allowed to play the Wii in my house except my bros and I....LOL...whenever we have Wii gatherings, we will commence to meet at Geo's or at someone else's house to put their TVs at risk! :)

Unknown said...

wow that's quite a lot. But what is a WII without the controllers?

Anyways, do you want to get together with me (and potentially jon) in the near future? I have a christmas gift & we could celebrate the holidays. Not sure what Jon and I are doing for Christmas mass though.

I work up until the 22nd but I'm pretty free during Christmas break week.

Havok said...

Sure, I'm open to it! :)

I've got plans with friends on the 22nd and the 24th is a church day so I've got Candlelight service and Carolling that day so whenever you guys are free....and yes, I have something for you too...

Anonymous said...

nice you are scrapbooking too?? we should have parties hahaha