Monday, December 04, 2006

Liar Liar





Last week--because of the cold snap we experienced in Calgary--many kids were wearing hats like in the picture above. I think it's so cool because the girl in the pic is Molly aka Princess Powerful aka Bruiser from Runaways and she is known for her trendy hats. She wears many hats similar to the pictured above but the character who is the hat always changes. I've been reading Runaways for a few years now so imagine my surprise when students showed up at school with these funky hats. I want one! LOL

So it seems that Spider-Man is going to be back in black soon and you know they're only allowing that in the comics because he's going to wear the suit in Spider-man 3 coming out this summer! Oh baby I love the suit! :)

I drove to where Costco is up by my house and they have Winners, Roots Outlet, Michael's, Home Depot, etc. and it looks nice. I hope the infrastructure will be better for getting in and out of there soon. Today when I drove there, the raods were wet and the sun's beams were glaring into my eyes and I could hardly see while I was driving. Scary!!! I hate when that happens!!

One thing that came to mind today was the topic of lies. For some people, they can be very creative in the process of lying. They'll think of stories beforehand and plan a course of action when people ask them about something. While others are just good at making up lies as they go and before they realize they've done it, they already lie and it's already too late to stop lying! I know what kind of liar I am.....What kind of a liar are you? Hmmmm.....:)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

what kind of liar am i?? i dont lie?? what are you talking about... hahaha

i usually have a planned course of action just incase i get caught off guard.. but im pretty good on the spot

im home on the 20th

Geo said...

depends on the situation I guess. There are times where you just know in advance that somethings going to happen... and like anything else in life... you prepare for it in advance. You think about the benefits and the risks of each response.

But those are usually rare occurances. If situations occur where you know in advance that you might need to lie... Either it's one of those small white lies like "I have family plans tonight" to cover a surprise party... or something major that you KNOW that when you have to plan in advance... than you are doing something majorly wrong and guilt will eat you up now... or after you lie.

Most lies... though I'd like to minimize the occurances of such... are usually the on the spot lies. I believe most of them come from being overly sarcastic though and being so accustomed to being sarcastic that you don't explain that you were just kidding and let it go and let others believe the lie.