Question #1 "Is it better to have kids early in a marriage or later? I mean, it'd be cool to be a young parent so you can actually play sports with the kids without a walking cane but wouldn't it be better to have kids after you've enjoyed your time with your spouse for a few years?"
Question #2- Would you prefere ending up with someone with an extremely low self-esteem or someone with an extremely high ego?
Those were just some of the questions I talked about with certain someones today and it came up in more than one conversation. Maybe it's not my friends; maybe it's just me who likes to think hypothetically...but they're great discussion starters and sometimes the answers could surprise you! :P
Since my last post talked about Iceman and how he's not going anywheres in the comicbooks, here's a picture spoiler of him for X3...but then again, you already know about who plays him! I'll be adding a new character up everytime I add a new post. There are a lot of returning characters so you'll know who they are but see if you can guess who the new characters are!
11 comments:
...If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith? So do not worry, saying, `What shall we eat?' or `What shall we drink?' or `What shall we wear?' For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.
Who says I'm worrying...it's just fun to talk about! :)
To answer Question #1:
Marry early. In your teens even. Then, by the time your 25, you would've enjoyed 7 years with your spouse. Good time to have kids.
Asians totally have the wrong idea. This whole "getting settled in a secure position" before getting married? Shows a lack of faith in God and the husband.
The whole, I won't marry you till your out of school and in a job deal? Makes me sick. The question is, do you trust God enough, that He will provide? Do you love your partner enough that you would risk even financial burden and hardship in order share a life together? Or is the security of the spouse's earning potential too great a factor?
There is no true love when money's involved.
Hehe...actually I read a book about how the cultural norms for establishing one's self before marriage is just that: A CULTURAL NORM! It's not a biblical principle so what the heck is going on?!?! Why do we do this? I agree with you and the author of the book I read to the extent of marriage but I don't think I would have children until being a bit more financially secure...not necessarily rich...but you know....a job at least! :) My family is a great example of a parent wanting more kids while the other had a bit more common sense and said "um..we can't even provide for the 3 we have now...so let's stop!!" :P
Ooh Ooh, that's Iceman
or wait... isn't that Terry Fox?
You didn't have to guess on this one Geo, I said at the beginning of the paragraph that it WAS indeed Iceman! :)
Pink Kryptonite Lover like iceman....
hahaha :)
I mean likes :)
I've been reading Jenny's blog too much.
hahaha :)
that's why you shouldn't read it! :)
wait...j/k!!! :)
Post a Comment