Friday, September 15, 2006

Living in Luxury...at the U of C!!!!

Hmmm...I'm sitting here at a computer at the U of C (in the Education Building), and the mouse really sucks bad. The comp I was using before this one had an even worse mouse...so I guess I can't complain too much about the one I'm currently using! :P

So being in my sixth year at U of C, I have realized some things that I had initially forgotten. For example, man, this place is quiet at 8am haha. I did have an 8am class once but that was so long ago...haha. I like how quiet it is during this time--no one wandering the halls aimlessly! :P

I also forgot how the U of C likes to spend money on 'useful things' like making their school look pretty but there could be other things the money could go towards instead that would make better use of the money. For example, the school has taken initative to make their student lounges look nicer all around the school and that is all cool and all because we want to study in luxury but I walked past the area by The First Cup today and it's pretty stylish...almost something taken out of Ikea. Is it necessary for the leather seats though? It looks nice...but it seems like it's all for asthetics! :P They have these funky white seats all over the place too that are pretty trendy...I wish I could describe them...but I just figured maybe they could've stuck to the usual cafeteria desks we had there in the past...:P Maybe it's not the worst use of the money but maybe it was a tad overboard too! :)

I am also learning some new things despite it being my sixth year. The joy of finding parking is one thing to name a few. I left the house at 7:50am and arrived at Brentwood Mall around 8:10ish so that's not bad! I went behind the mall to look for parking and found a few good spots haha. I remember when Jackson used to brag to me about finding a parking spot RIGHT behind the mall years ago. Maybe if I keep coming to school at this time, I will have no problems finding parking for free there. Oh how I'm going to dread those cold winter days though lol!

I made an acheivement this week...can you guess what it is? Haha....High fives all around for blogging everyday this work week!!! Yeah!! :) Haven't done that for awhile!

Anyways, see ya'll at YAC for Fire Drill @ 7:30pm at CCPC!! PAYCE!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

you nerd... hahaha.. WOW.. imiss UC.. i should come and visit next time in home...

Jonny said...

That area is still free for all, just don't park near the firehydrant and you're good.

However, there's another location to park for free that's even more ideal than behind London Drugs (for us Ed students anyway).

Park across from the C-train station. I know, that's the 2 hr zone, however, closer along against the church, there are no time limitations. And at 8am, you're bound to grab a spot. (But it does fill up fast).

Havok said...

Meh Nerd Ah?!?!

Anonymous said...

hahaha yes.. YOU

ps. i have no parking tips for UC hahaha